Local edition of Czech daily closes online discussion board due to rising insults, racism and slander
circumstances. The editors have decided to close down the website's online discussion boards.
From now on it will not be possible to post contributions beneath any of the new articles or even beneath some previously articles on the website. The editors published a piece explaining the decision in the Most edition of deník.cz.
The editors bid farewell to those using its discussion boards as follows:
Everything has its boundaries and limits in terms of capacity, and discussions on the web pages of the Mostecký deník are no exception. In the past, inappropriate posts have always turned up here, but recently they have begun to occur at a disproportionate rate. Unfortunately, the vast majority of them include racist innuendo, slander, or vulgar insults about specific individuals. For that reason, our new articles will no longer feature discussion boards. The same applies to some older articles as well.
We apologize to all of the respectful discussants whose posts were always "on topic" or who used such posts to politely warn us of our errors.
If readers would like to send us commentary about a certain issue in an article posted to our website, they can do so through e-mail. The address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Readers can also come to the editorial offices on Bělehradská Street. Our Facebook profile is also available.
Once more, we apologize to all of the readers who have engaged in discussions respectfully.
- Online petition to save Prague's World Romani Festival KHAMORO gaining signatures quickly
- Urgent online petition to save Prague's World Romani Festival - KHAMORO, scheduled for next month
- Neo-Nazis have a new enemy online
- Anti-Romani lies spread online, Czech Labor Ministry refutes them
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out
- Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg: Mr President, you've committed another complete faux pas
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- Volkswagen apologizes for racist advertisement, claiming it was "unintentional"
- Slovakia: Two non-Romani assailants who invaded Romani home to personally deliver death threats given suspended sentences
- Czech MP who compared Muslim immigrants to "invasive species" will not be stripped of immunity from prosecution
- As US protests continue against police murder, ROMEA recalls 2016 case of Romani man who died in police custody under circumstances like George Floyd
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear