March against Roma Holocaust denial and for removing vice-chair of Czech lower house THIS THURSDAY IN BRNO
On Thursday, 15 February there will be a march against denial of the Romani Holocaust and in favor of honoring the memories of its victims. "It is absolutely unacceptable to us that representatives of the SPD party of Tomio Okamura are denying the Holocaust of the Roma. Their statements are not just brutally harsh toward the victims and their families, but are also inappropriate behavior by the representatives of the state," the organizers of the march have posted to social networks.
"As Romani people and as human beings we are grateful to feel such big support from others. Freedom and democracy cost effort. We want to demonstrate to all, including our children, that these matters are worth fighting for and that it is correct to stand proudly against lies and defamation," the organizers posted.
Those attending the march want to express their disagreement with the denial of the suffering of the Roma during the Second World War and want to publicly support the dismissal of Tomio Okamura from his position as vice-chair of the Chamber of Deputies. The organizers want the march to be peaceful and are asking all participants to bring candles instead of banners.
The march will begin at 16:30 on Moravské náměstí in Brno and will proceed toward náměstí 28. října and the memorial to Holocaust victims there. News server Romea.cz will broadcast the event live online.
- Czech Social Democratic head recommends removal of lower house vice-chair because of his deceptive remarks about Romani genocide site
- Vice-chair of Czech lower house refuses to discuss Romani genocide with relative of victims live online
- Former Czech Human Rights Minister says the entire country should campaign against denial of Romani genocide
- Patrik Banga: How can people in the Czech Republic write about reviving the concentration camps?
- Čeněk Růžička reports crime to Czech State Prosecutor, accuses lower house vice-chair of doubting the Romani genocide
- Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls Czech MP's remarks about Romani genocide site classic Holocaust denial
- Czech MP apologizes for "imprecision", then urges people to read historian who calls the Romani Holocaust a "myth"
- The Romani Uprising in Auschwitz, 16 May 1944
- Irena Biháriová: Comprehending the matrix of a Romani settlement in Slovakia is not easy
- Prague celebrations of International Romani Day continue, contingent from Brno coming for a surprise event
- Czech city names first-ever public place after Romani figure
- Czech state is now the official owner of the former pig farm at Lety on the Romani genocide site
- Czech Republic: Permission sought from Prostějov to install stones marking Holocaust victims
- Czech Republic: Pigs finally leave Romani genocide site
- Czech PM to attend commemorative ceremony to honor Holocaust victims who are Romani
- Czech historian reminds public that cruel abuse was perpetrated at concentration camp for Roma in Moravia
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Czech Republic: Mayor of Brno joins march against denial of the Holocaust of the Roma
- Norway Grants to partially finance memorial to Romani genocide victims in Czech Republic
Tags:Brno, Holocaust, průvod, Romani people
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.