March against Roma Holocaust denial and for removing vice-chair of Czech lower house THIS THURSDAY IN BRNO
On Thursday, 15 February there will be a march against denial of the Romani Holocaust and in favor of honoring the memories of its victims. "It is absolutely unacceptable to us that representatives of the SPD party of Tomio Okamura are denying the Holocaust of the Roma. Their statements are not just brutally harsh toward the victims and their families, but are also inappropriate behavior by the representatives of the state," the organizers of the march have posted to social networks.
"As Romani people and as human beings we are grateful to feel such big support from others. Freedom and democracy cost effort. We want to demonstrate to all, including our children, that these matters are worth fighting for and that it is correct to stand proudly against lies and defamation," the organizers posted.
Those attending the march want to express their disagreement with the denial of the suffering of the Roma during the Second World War and want to publicly support the dismissal of Tomio Okamura from his position as vice-chair of the Chamber of Deputies. The organizers want the march to be peaceful and are asking all participants to bring candles instead of banners.
The march will begin at 16:30 on Moravské náměstí in Brno and will proceed toward náměstí 28. října and the memorial to Holocaust victims there. News server Romea.cz will broadcast the event live online.
- Czech Social Democratic head recommends removal of lower house vice-chair because of his deceptive remarks about Romani genocide site
- Vice-chair of Czech lower house refuses to discuss Romani genocide with relative of victims live online
- Former Czech Human Rights Minister says the entire country should campaign against denial of Romani genocide
- Patrik Banga: How can people in the Czech Republic write about reviving the concentration camps?
- Čeněk Růžička reports crime to Czech State Prosecutor, accuses lower house vice-chair of doubting the Romani genocide
- Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls Czech MP's remarks about Romani genocide site classic Holocaust denial
- Czech MP apologizes for "imprecision", then urges people to read historian who calls the Romani Holocaust a "myth"
- Holocaust memorial in Czech town will bloom with yellow crocuses in the spring
- Czech politicians respond to President's antigypsyism: He divides us so we won't unite against him
- Czech capital to see seminar on stereotypes in the photographic depictions of Jewish and Romani people
- Robin Stria, 7th place candidate for the Greens, Brno-střed: The biggest problem in the Czech Republic is housing
- Czech Republic: Eva Davidová, an ethnographer who loved Romani people, has passed away
- Czech movement calling itself "Decent People" fined for disrupting theatrical production
- Czech research shows 96 % of poorest families in Rapid Re-Housing maintain their housing and improve their health
- Martina Horváthová on building a network of Romani feminists in the Czech Republic
- Slovak court convicts Romani victims of police raid for making allegedly false accusations of brutality
- Czech vigilantes file their own crime report about play in Brno
- Třebíč, Czech Republic commemorates anniversary of Holocaust transports from there
- Czech ultra-right disrupts theater performance, director says it reminds him of the rise of Fascism in the 20th century
Tags:Brno, Holocaust, průvod, Romani people
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.