Marian Dancso: Czech justice through the eyes of Filip Grznár, who threatens Roma with murder
"He took his legally licensed 9 millimeter and shot him, he did a good deed." That is how Filip Grznár has expressed his view of the recent shooting death of a young Romani man in Chomutov.
That is just a brief excerpt from a video by Grznár full of hate, incitement to racial intolerance, intimidation, and threats to "kill off" Romani people in Chomutov. In the video he expresses himself quite indiscriminately, rather aggresively, and uses vulgarities to comment on the incident that played itself out several weeks ago in Chomutov during which the young Romani man was shot dead.
Grznár argues in the video in favor of the man who fired the weapon and threatens to kill other Romani people. What is startling is the fact that the video was viewed more than 50 000 times in three days and continues to be promoted, which absolutely, certainly means that conscious incitement and urging of racial intolerance is being committed through it.
I am not a party or witness in the investigation, and I do not have detailed information about the incident that happened at the housing estate in Chomutov, so it is not appropriate for me to express an opinion about it, just as it is not appropriate to contribute to the dissemination of speculation or to support intolerance and unrest among the citzenry. The entire matter is being dealt with by the criminal justice authorities and it is absolutely up to them and the relevant court to resolve this entire case according to the principles and rules of the democratic society in which we live.
What I am absolutely certain of is that I could never forgive myself if I did not comment on the psychopathic behavior of Filip Grznár, who is infamous for his past as a bodybuilder and drug user, which he has proclaimed in the media several times. For example, on the web portal expres.cz, he says: "I am proud of having taken meth!"
After watching this video, Grznár appears to me to be a person who is demonstrating a high degree of sociopathological traits. He is aggressive, berserk, inciting racial intolerance, intimidating and threatening people, which means he is a threat not just to those living near him, but generally to everybody in the country.
In my opinion, Grznár is a deviant psychopath who is consciously inciting violence and should bear the consequences of his conscious behavior. I am not somebody who draws distinctions in our society between the majority and minority, the big or the small, the white or those of color, but for Grznár I use a term that is a favorite of close friend of mine – he is a "weirdo"!
This video, in my opinion, should be investigated by the Czech Police. Nobody has the right, in a democratic country, to incite or urge the public to murder.
Over the last few days a link to the video discussed here has been sent to the editors of news server Romea.cz by several of our readers after Grznár uploaded it to his profile on Instagram on 1 June. Currently the video is being disseminated on Facebook and YouTube, although not through Grznár's profiles there.
The video is being disseminated both by people who agree with him and by those who are against it. Those who disagree with the video and who share it may unfortunately actually be doing exactly what Grznár wants done with this material.
We have decided not to link from this article to the video, which in our opinion is evidence of criminal acts. Romea.cz will not be disseminating this hatred and threats any further.
According to our information, police are already investigating the video. Unfortunately, ROMEA has had bad experiences with trying to get police to prosecute similar criminal activity committed through the Internet.
We have filed several criminal reports about similar content, and the police have failed to pursue most of them. We are currently preparing a more comprehensive report about this including concrete examples of threats made against Romea.cz.
As far as the Grznár scandal goes, we are now in the process of ascertaining what steps the police are taking. We will see what the police are willing to reveal to us.
Generally speaking, the Czech Police are rarely eager to comment on such matters to us. Stay tuned to Romea.cz for updates.
Zdeněk Ryšavý, for the editors at Romea.cz
- Partner of murdered Romani man condemns Czech media for calling him a "terrorist"
- Commentary on shooting of Romani man in Chomutov: How many more murder victims before the state learns how to respond?
- Anniversary of the death of Helena Biháriová, one of the first victims of racial murder in post-1989 Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: Racist murderer of Romani man is ultra-right's candidate in regional elections
- Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
- Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"
- Slovak Police charge four eyewitnesses to raid on Romani settlement with making false accusations
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- Czech extremists abuse LGBT pride march in town of Plzeň but fail to block it
- Commentary: Czech politician takes photo with extremists who have records of racist violence
- Czech NGO: Court has failed shamefully in case of death threats against Romani singer
- Czech Police arrest man for firing gas pistol while shouting about "Gypsies"
- Commentary: Czech politician calls police on American couple - because they're black
- Chair of Prague DSSS celebrates ultra-right terrorist murdering woman in USA
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Trump flip-flops after condemning "white supremacists", now talks "left-wing terrorism"
Tags:Crime, Extremism, Police, Racism
Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat17.9.2017 17:51
Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"15.9.2017 14:43
He will be losing his quarterly salary as a result.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.