Natálka on CNN International’s “front page”, whole world learns of brutal crime
Natálka Kudriková’s story is being featured on the home page of the international edition of the prestigious US-based television station CNN. This weekend on its “World’s Untold Stories” program the station will broadcast a documentary about this Romani family who were the victims of an arson attack last year.
“Burned girl a symbol of Roma hate and hope” is the headline of the internet article which reports in detail not just about Natálka, but about the overall situation of the Roma in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. "It’s beautiful that this is being discussed in America. It’s good the whole world will find out what is going on in this country,” Anna Siváková, Natálka’s mother, told news server iDNES.cz today.
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor
- European experts compare experiences working in socially excluded localities