News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
News server Romea.cz is broadcasting live through its official Facebook page direct from the events in Prague being held on the occasion of International Romani Day. "We want our readers to get the most faithful possible sense of the atmosphere accompanying the Prague celebrations of International Romani Day. Live broadcasts through social networking sites are currently very popular and make it possible for us to get information in an interesting form to the biggest number of those who support us, as well as to people who sometimes have biased notions about Romani people. Maybe next time they won't just watch the celebrations through Facebook but will come among the Romani people themselves," says Zdeněk Ryšavý, director of ROMEA.
"On Saturday, 8 April, on International Romani Day, we will broadcast live from two events. At 11 AM we will broadcast the Holy Mass from Prague's Church of the Sacred Heart, which will be celebrated by Archbishop Domink Duka," Ryšavý said.
This afternoon and evening, cameraman František Bikár and moderator Albín Balát will broadcast live from the preparations for the gala evening in Prague and the course of the evening itself, during which Czech and Romani dancers and musicians will appear together. Romea.cz already did a live broadcast on Wednesday, 5 April of a discussion with representatives of the Czech Government Council for Romani Minority Affairs about the current situation of Romani people in the Czech Republic.
That event was convened by the ARA ART organization in collaboration with the Embassy of the United States of American in Prague. Yesterday Romea.cz also broadcast live from the historic "tROMvajka" tram as it traveled through Prague.
Lovers of Romani music were able to listen to live performances on this historic tram, specially chartered by ARA ART and partners. The tram traveled from the Střešovice stop through Hradčanská and Náměstí Republiky directly into the center of Prague.
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
- Roma in Jihlava, Czech Republic prevented from renting space for International Romani Day, celebrations proceeding anyway
- ROMEA reports 10+ criminal incidents involving racist commentaries and threats on Facebook to the Czech Police
- Are dogs being abused in Romani settlements in Slovakia? Romea.cz asks the authorities and experts
- Czech Republic: Seven Romani applicants complete ROMEA's media training, say they want to tell Roma stories
- Czech Police say threats to burn down ROMEA organization were not criminal
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: European Roma Spirit Award ceremony
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: International Romani Day celebrations at LaFabrika in Prague
- LIVE: OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting addresses Roma today and tomorrow, watch online
- Roman Koky: Prejudice just drives me further, education is the most important thing
- Alica Sigmund Heráková responds to Czech daily about the word "gypsy": Yes, it is derogatory
- Veronika Hlaváčová: Young Roma have what it takes to rise above prejudice and be motivated
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- Czech journalist reports on her experiences working minimum wage jobs, book and documentary film to follow
- Tomáš Bystrý began at ROMEA 15 years ago, today he decides what news Czech Radio will broadcast
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Renata Berkyová for DVTV: Even the Czech President doesn't know how to honor the memory of Lety, the pig farm remains
- Karel Holomek is first Romani figure featured on Czech TV's "Gallery of the Elite of the Nation" show
- USA: Petition to rename the "Gypsy" series warns of dangerous stereotypes
- Czech online tabloids recycling long-debunked antigypsyist hoaxes alleging Roma get free transportation, washing machines
- Czech tabloid apologizes for fake news report claiming video from Chile was from Ostrava
Tags:Média, International Roma Day, ROMEA, television
Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat17.9.2017 17:51
Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"15.9.2017 14:43
He will be losing his quarterly salary as a result.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.