News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
News server Romea.cz is broadcasting live through its official Facebook page direct from the events in Prague being held on the occasion of International Romani Day. "We want our readers to get the most faithful possible sense of the atmosphere accompanying the Prague celebrations of International Romani Day. Live broadcasts through social networking sites are currently very popular and make it possible for us to get information in an interesting form to the biggest number of those who support us, as well as to people who sometimes have biased notions about Romani people. Maybe next time they won't just watch the celebrations through Facebook but will come among the Romani people themselves," says Zdeněk Ryšavý, director of ROMEA.
"On Saturday, 8 April, on International Romani Day, we will broadcast live from two events. At 11 AM we will broadcast the Holy Mass from Prague's Church of the Sacred Heart, which will be celebrated by Archbishop Domink Duka," Ryšavý said.
This afternoon and evening, cameraman František Bikár and moderator Albín Balát will broadcast live from the preparations for the gala evening in Prague and the course of the evening itself, during which Czech and Romani dancers and musicians will appear together. Romea.cz already did a live broadcast on Wednesday, 5 April of a discussion with representatives of the Czech Government Council for Romani Minority Affairs about the current situation of Romani people in the Czech Republic.
That event was convened by the ARA ART organization in collaboration with the Embassy of the United States of American in Prague. Yesterday Romea.cz also broadcast live from the historic "tROMvajka" tram as it traveled through Prague.
Lovers of Romani music were able to listen to live performances on this historic tram, specially chartered by ARA ART and partners. The tram traveled from the Střešovice stop through Hradčanská and Náměstí Republiky directly into the center of Prague.
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
- Roma in Jihlava, Czech Republic prevented from renting space for International Romani Day, celebrations proceeding anyway
- ROMEA reports 10+ criminal incidents involving racist commentaries and threats on Facebook to the Czech Police
- Are dogs being abused in Romani settlements in Slovakia? Romea.cz asks the authorities and experts
- Czech Republic: Seven Romani applicants complete ROMEA's media training, say they want to tell Roma stories
- Czech Police say threats to burn down ROMEA organization were not criminal
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: European Roma Spirit Award ceremony
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: International Romani Day celebrations at LaFabrika in Prague
- LIVE: OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting addresses Roma today and tomorrow, watch online
- British newspaper The Guardian: Debt collection industry is endangering Czech democracy
- New comedy series on Czech public television to feature crude humor, racist remarks and vulgar language
- Petr Torák rejects media reports of tensions between Pakistanis and Roma in England
- Czech Internet trolls have competition - "elves" are combating disinformation and propaganda
- Czech Television launches new detective serial, "Lynch", about the murder of a young Romani man
- Monika Mihaličková: Silence is consent
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 11 CET: Ceremonial awarding of scholarships for Romani secondary school students
- Portugal: Christian radio station awarded prize for working to reduce inter-ethnic tension in Slovakia
- ROMEA: Czech President has manipulated facts yet again - we can prove 70 % of Romani people in this country work
- Racists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz
- Czech tabloid will not be inviting ultra-right party representatives to its online debates
- Czech Police refute rumors that defecation in public pool was done by Roma - defamatory article sparked a racist wave online