News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
News server Romea.cz is broadcasting live through its official Facebook page direct from the events in Prague being held on the occasion of International Romani Day. "We want our readers to get the most faithful possible sense of the atmosphere accompanying the Prague celebrations of International Romani Day. Live broadcasts through social networking sites are currently very popular and make it possible for us to get information in an interesting form to the biggest number of those who support us, as well as to people who sometimes have biased notions about Romani people. Maybe next time they won't just watch the celebrations through Facebook but will come among the Romani people themselves," says Zdeněk Ryšavý, director of ROMEA.
"On Saturday, 8 April, on International Romani Day, we will broadcast live from two events. At 11 AM we will broadcast the Holy Mass from Prague's Church of the Sacred Heart, which will be celebrated by Archbishop Domink Duka," Ryšavý said.
This afternoon and evening, cameraman František Bikár and moderator Albín Balát will broadcast live from the preparations for the gala evening in Prague and the course of the evening itself, during which Czech and Romani dancers and musicians will appear together. Romea.cz already did a live broadcast on Wednesday, 5 April of a discussion with representatives of the Czech Government Council for Romani Minority Affairs about the current situation of Romani people in the Czech Republic.
That event was convened by the ARA ART organization in collaboration with the Embassy of the United States of American in Prague. Yesterday Romea.cz also broadcast live from the historic "tROMvajka" tram as it traveled through Prague.
Lovers of Romani music were able to listen to live performances on this historic tram, specially chartered by ARA ART and partners. The tram traveled from the Střešovice stop through Hradčanská and Náměstí Republiky directly into the center of Prague.
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
- Roma in Jihlava, Czech Republic prevented from renting space for International Romani Day, celebrations proceeding anyway
- ROMEA reports 10+ criminal incidents involving racist commentaries and threats on Facebook to the Czech Police
- Are dogs being abused in Romani settlements in Slovakia? Romea.cz asks the authorities and experts
- Czech Republic: Seven Romani applicants complete ROMEA's media training, say they want to tell Roma stories
- Czech Police say threats to burn down ROMEA organization were not criminal
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: European Roma Spirit Award ceremony
- EXCLUSIVE: Hradec Králové, Czech Republic, is on edge. Romani youth was assaulted and his jaw broken, but police dissuaded him from filing a crime report
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Performer Jan Bendig declines invitation to join discussion on ROMEA TV, issues social media statement about his TV series
- VIDEO: Igor Kmeťo, Jr., Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig and others release new song for International Roma Day
- US administration greets Roma on 8 April, Romani flag up at the US Embassy in Prague
- Alexander Soros: We celebrate the identity, self-determination and unity of Roma, Open Society Foundations will always support them
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results
- Czech Foreign Minister on World Roma Day: Fighting for equality is an integral part of Czech foreign policy
- Chair of the Czech Pirates: Let's not trip the Roma up, let's treat them with the dignity they deserve, as equals