Open Society Foundations funding Czech branch of European network focused on Romani preschoolers, deadline in mid-August
A call has been newly announced in the Czech Republic and is being repeated in Romania for nonprofit organizations to join the Romani Early Years Network (REYN) 2017. This is a preschool education initiative that aims to develop the professional knowledge of Romani staffers and others working with Romani communities across Europe in the area of preschool education.
The call intends to increase the number of Romani professionals working in preschool education and to achieve better access for Romani children to quality services. The Roma Initiatives of the Early Childhood Program at the Open Society Foundations is doing its best to improve the lives of Romani children and their parents through direct work with them in their homes and inside communities and by creating favorable contexts across Europe, for example, by working with partners to combat discrimination and support inclusion.
The deadline for applying is 15 August 2017 at 17:00 CET. Applications may be sent after registering with the Open Society Foundations' grant portal through which completed forms can be submitted - those interested can find the link HERE.
Instructions on how to use the grant portal are available HERE. All applications must include all of the information listed in the sample application for a project and in the sample budget and must be submitted in English.
Any queries about the program may be sent to program specialist Katherine Street at firstname.lastname@example.org. The financial support will be provided for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
National networks that are members of REYN already function in several European countries (Belgium, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine). The international network is based in the city of Leiden in the Netherlands and functions as the leader of a Europe-wide network advocating for children's rights, supporting the early care and development of children, and serving as an information center to support professionals working with young children and their families - you can learn more about REYN at www.reyn.eu.
- Czech Republic: NGO disagrees with court that principal discriminated against Romani preschoolers
- Czech Republic: Romani preschool teacher knows change is possible
- Czech NGOs question whether mandatory preschool is an effective way to help socially disadvantaged children
- Council of Europe issues report on Roma in preschool in the Czech Republic
- Deadline to apply to Romani Studies program at Charles University now 19 August
- Czech Republic: Romani Studies Seminar taking applications at Charles University
- Czech EdMin: Necessary measures for educating all children together, "not just Roma", adopted annually since the D.H. judgment
- European Commission: Number of Roma youth not in school and unemployed in the Czech Republic is rising
- Scholarship for female Romani students at Czech pedagogical secondary schools open until 31 August
- Hungarian PM attacks nonprofits supported by Soros, wants to close them
- Czech NGO offers course on including Romani children in education
- Council of Europe approves European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture
- Decade of Roma Inclusion 2005-2015 holds its closing meeting in Sarajevo
- Andrzej Mirga, Roma Education Fund's new chair, on the European Roma Institute and more
- Czech management professional on hiring of Roma
- The European Roma Institute: Frequently Asked Questions
Tags:Education, Open Society Foundations, předškolní výchova, přihláška
Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs1.8.2018 10:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.