PHOTO GALLERY: Neo-Nazi 1 May in Ústí nad Labem
As news server Romea.cz reported in detail during our online coverage and follow-up articles, neo-Nazis decided to "celebrate" 1 May this year by marching through Ústí nad Labem. Of the anticipated 500 participants, only 200 of the most faithful came to town, not just from the Czech Republic, but from Germany, Italy and Slovakia.
The "big international" event became yet another fiasco for DSSS leader Tomáš Vandas. The demonstrators referred to themselves as "nationalists", as did some Czech media outlets.
What is interested is that the most time during the assembly was given to Germany neo-Nazis, specifically, Katrin Köhler of the NPD and the chair of the Saxon branch of the Young National Democrats, Paul Rzehaczek, who is also a member of the state-level leadership of the NPD in Saxony. This photograph of a young woman wearing earrings with a Nazi swastika on them is proof of who was really gathering in Ústí nad Labem.
- Germany: More than 200 000 people protest discrimination, neo-Nazism and racism
- Czech ultra-nationalist party joins local assembly in the country's second-largest city
- ROMEA to Czech President: Romani life in communist Czechoslovakia included forced assimilation, forced sterilization of women, segregated education
- Czech sociologist refutes President's allegations about Romani unemployment, agrees with ROMEA
- Czech President insults Romani people yet again after casting his ballot
- ROMEA: Czech President has manipulated facts yet again - we can prove 70 % of Romani people in this country work
- Czech extremist party's campaign rally in Prague legally blocked by counter-event
- USA: Four racists arrested over last year's violence in Charlottesville
- Czech school targeted with hate over its non-white first-graders last year receives donation of laptop computers
- Czech President alleges Romani people "don't want to work" and that "slapping them" is the best way to deal with them
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic: It's normal to oppose Fascism and racism
- A quarter of a century ago, 18 racists hounded a Romani man to death; the Czech courts convicted just three
Tags:Neo-Nazism, Racism, Ústí nad labem, DSSS, Demonstrace
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.