PHOTO GALLERY: Neo-Nazi 1 May in Ústí nad Labem
As news server Romea.cz reported in detail during our online coverage and follow-up articles, neo-Nazis decided to "celebrate" 1 May this year by marching through Ústí nad Labem. Of the anticipated 500 participants, only 200 of the most faithful came to town, not just from the Czech Republic, but from Germany, Italy and Slovakia.
The "big international" event became yet another fiasco for DSSS leader Tomáš Vandas. The demonstrators referred to themselves as "nationalists", as did some Czech media outlets.
What is interested is that the most time during the assembly was given to Germany neo-Nazis, specifically, Katrin Köhler of the NPD and the chair of the Saxon branch of the Young National Democrats, Paul Rzehaczek, who is also a member of the state-level leadership of the NPD in Saxony. This photograph of a young woman wearing earrings with a Nazi swastika on them is proof of who was really gathering in Ústí nad Labem.
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Czech women charged with promoting neo-Nazism plead innocent
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Czech Internet spreads lies and xenophobia after brawl in Brno, Interior Ministry responds
- Czech lower house approves budget, SPD did not succeed to reduce financing for Romani integration
- Denmark: Immigrant and ex-MP visits those who post hateful commentaries and threats online
- Czech party alleges ROMEA calls for violence online - but the posts are by their own ultra-right fans
- Opinion: Running a nationalist party in Europe is a very good business plan
- Organizers of yesterday's demonstration say politicians' allegations of "assault" by protesters in front of Prague hotel are a lie
- International media: Anti-immigration, hateful, xenophobic parties from around Europe want to exploit Czech SPD's success
Tags:Neo-Nazism, Racism, Ústí nad labem, DSSS, Demonstrace
Analysis: A propaganda war needs angry, defiant, disgusted, nerve-wracked people - and the Czech Republic qualifies8.1.2018 18:12
Czech EdMin says number of Romani children educated according to reduced standards has not changed in three years7.1.2018 17:17
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.