PHOTO GALLERY: Neo-Nazi 1 May in Ústí nad Labem
As news server Romea.cz reported in detail during our online coverage and follow-up articles, neo-Nazis decided to "celebrate" 1 May this year by marching through Ústí nad Labem. Of the anticipated 500 participants, only 200 of the most faithful came to town, not just from the Czech Republic, but from Germany, Italy and Slovakia.
The "big international" event became yet another fiasco for DSSS leader Tomáš Vandas. The demonstrators referred to themselves as "nationalists", as did some Czech media outlets.
What is interested is that the most time during the assembly was given to Germany neo-Nazis, specifically, Katrin Köhler of the NPD and the chair of the Saxon branch of the Young National Democrats, Paul Rzehaczek, who is also a member of the state-level leadership of the NPD in Saxony. This photograph of a young woman wearing earrings with a Nazi swastika on them is proof of who was really gathering in Ústí nad Labem.
- Cyprus: Orthodox Church leader welcomes election of neo-Nazi MPs
- Austrian neo-Nazi massacres festival-goers
- Opponents of Czech President reserve historically significant location to honor the democratic transition this November
- Member of Czech Freedom Fighters' Union says chair did not speak for her during the Terezín commemoration
- Czech Republic: Demonstration in Prague calls on EU to stop subsidizing pig farm on Romani Holocaust site
- Czech Republic: Five charged for neo-Nazi assault on demonstration in favor of receiving refugees
- Czech report on extremism for last year: 307 events, anti-refugee protests replaced anti-Romani ones
- Hundreds protest border closure between Austria and Italy and demand a border-free Europe
- Academic research finds no differences between Czech and Romani pupils' delinquent behavior
- Czech Republic: Neo-Nazis try to provoke local Roma in Přerov during 1 May protest
- Czech Republic: 1 May assemblies against refugee reception and against xenophobia, right-wing extremists verbally assault journalists
- Czech Police charge racist activist Adam B. Bartoš with crimes against humanity
Tags:Neo-Nazism, Racism, Ústí nad labem, DSSS, Demonstrace
Czech Republic: Prima TV station told reporters to depict refugees as a risk and a threat or they would be fired31.5.2016 13:31
Czech Republic: Romani members of LEV 21 party disapprove of it partnering with ultra-right in fall elections27.5.2016 22:28
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.