PHOTOGALLERY: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memories of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
On Saturday, 13 May 2017, the tradiional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held at Lety u Písku. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together Roma and Sinti survivors of the Nazi camps and their family members, as well as those who lost family members in the camps.
Many foreign diplomats attended the commemoration, as did the Czech Culture Minister and Czech Human Rights Minister. This photo gallery documents the ceremony itself and a tour of the grounds of the existing memorial as well as the pig farm still located on the site of the former camp which the Committee and its supporters have been trying to get the state to move for 20 years.
- Norway Grants to partially finance memorial to Romani genocide victims in Czech Republic
- Czech Social Democratic head recommends removal of lower house vice-chair because of his deceptive remarks about Romani genocide site
- Vice-chair of Czech lower house refuses to discuss Romani genocide with relative of victims live online
- Čeněk Růžička reports crime to Czech State Prosecutor, accuses lower house vice-chair of doubting the Romani genocide
- Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls Czech MP's remarks about Romani genocide site classic Holocaust denial
- Czech MP apologizes for "imprecision", then urges people to read historian who calls the Romani Holocaust a "myth"
- Czech round table on Romani genocide memorial: Relatives of victims must have the last word
- Czech Constitutional Court receives complaint over buyout of pig farm on Romani genocide site
- Czech MP marks International Holocaust Remembrance Day by doubting what happened at Romani genocide site
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture to sign cooperation agreement with European Grassroots Antiracist Movement tomorrow
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls for creation of a European Foundation for the Memory of the Roma Holocaust
Tags:fotografie, Lety u Písku, Pietní akce, pietní místo
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.