PHOTOGALLERY: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memories of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
On Saturday, 13 May 2017, the tradiional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held at Lety u Písku. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together Roma and Sinti survivors of the Nazi camps and their family members, as well as those who lost family members in the camps.
Many foreign diplomats attended the commemoration, as did the Czech Culture Minister and Czech Human Rights Minister. This photo gallery documents the ceremony itself and a tour of the grounds of the existing memorial as well as the pig farm still located on the site of the former camp which the Committee and its supporters have been trying to get the state to move for 20 years.
- Winning design for new memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti in the Czech Republic features enormous circle at the site of the former concentration camp
- Here is the winning design for the new memorial to Holocaust victims of Roma and Sinti origin at the former concentration camp in Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 11 AM: Winning design for future memorial at former concentration camp for Roma to be unveiled in Prague
- Closed commemoration of the Roma victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku cultural heritage site
- Sweden: Iconic incident of woman swatting neo-Nazi with her purse was also captured on film
- Čeněk Růžička: Traditional commemoration for Romani victims of the Holocaust is postponed due to COVID-19
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights: I hope the law to compensate victims of forced sterilization will soon be adopted
- International competition for new memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani and Sinti victims in Czech Republic has seven finalists
- Czech state's demolition of industrial pig farm on former concentration camp site for Roma to begin in June
- Descendants of Romani victims of the Holocaust and Czech experts discuss commemoration after screening of documentary "LETY"
- Dozens of heads of state and government honoring the memory of Holocaust victims at Auschwitz Memorial today
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture's international competition for new memorial at former concentration camp receives 41 designs, exceeding organizers' expectations