REF Seeks a National Selection Board Member in Czech Republic
Roma Education Fund Scholarship Program announces its call for applications for a National Selection Board (NSB) position for the Roma Memorial University Scholarship Program (RMUSP), who will participate in the evaluation and selection process of scholarship beneficiaries for REF Scholarship Program (REF SP) for the academic year 2015-2016, in Czech Republic.
The NSB members will independently review the eligible applications for Scholarship Program and will assign scores to each application in the REF SP’s online evaluation platform, according to Program’s pre-established set of evaluation criteria. In the selection process, where applicable, they will also conduct personal interviews with scholarship applicants. All NSB members’ evaluation work is based on REF SP’s policies and procedures and Scholarship Program’s application guidelines.
Besides the participation in the evaluation process, the National Selection Board member will assist the Program with information about the specifics of their national academic environment (particularly pertaining to higher education) and will advise on possible ways to improve the Program. NSB member will also be expected to assist the Scholarship Program in conducting inquiries regarding the applicants, if needed, on aspects such as ethnicity, verification of documents, reference, etc.
REF SP encourages candidacy from its REF SP Alumni (former beneficiaries),
provided they do not receive support from Scholarship Program during the term of
The NSB member should notify the Scholarship Program in case of personal relation with any applicant(s) and consequently refrain from evaluating the respective application(s). Furthermore, the NSB member shall treat all information as confidential and will NOT be allowed to use or disclose information about the applicants (or from their applications) for non-program related matters or to third parties. In cases of Program related enquires, NSB members shall refrain from responding to the applicants individually and forward the above mentioned enquiries to the Scholarship Program staff.
The candidates for National Selection Board must:
- be citizens of, or reside in the country for which REF SP is seeking candidacies for the NSB position;
- hold a Master, or a Doctorate, or an equivalent degree;
- be affiliated with academic institutions, or be an employee of government and local administration, or working in NGOs involved in supporting the Roma community in the country;
- have at least two years of work experience in the Academic field or NGO/GO field, and have good knowledge on the higher education system in the country;
- have satisfactory writing and oral skills in English and in the official language in which the National Selection Board will conduct the evaluation process of REF scholarship applications;
- have a good command of using Microsoft package (MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point) and internet navigation browsers.
Individuals identifying themselves as Roma and fulfilling the above mentioned profile and requirements are particularly encouraged to apply.
The interested candidates should send a CV (Europass format) and a Motivation Letter in English, until June 5, 2015 to email@example.com with the title “application for NSB position”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Central European University offers stipend to Romani students for online summer school, deadline 13 May
- Czech foundation introduces new online platform for tutoring services
- Adriana Kotlárová, educator at school with many Romani pupils: Families have no Internet access, personal contact unavoidable even during COVID-19
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech primary schools begin first-grade enrollment, children not present due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Applications to Central European University preparatory course for Romani graduate students can be submitted until mid-March
- Anna Šabatová's term as Czech Public Defender of Rights ends: "I did what was within my power to do"
- Czech lower house votes for new ombudsman, runoff to be held later today
- Czech Republic's Museum of Romani Culture to educate students at memorial site of former concentration camp at Lety
- Czech MPs pass over ultra-right party's candidate for Czech News Agency board in favor of Pirates' pick
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 13:00 CET: Ceremonial awarding of certificates for ROMEA's scholarship program