Roma in Canada collected almost CZK 20 000 to help little Natálka
Roma living in Canada who have joined the signatories to the Dost! (Enough is Enough!) initiative and also held demonstrations as part of it have contributed 1 140 Canadian dollars towards helping the family from Vítkov. The total amount collected at demonstrations worldwide now comes to almost CZK 67 000.
The Roma in Canada held two collections, one at a party in Hamilton on 2 May, where 700 Canadian dollars were collected, and one at the demonstration itself on 3 May in Toronto.
"We wish the family and little Natálka a speedy recovery, and strength and unity to all Roma in the Czech Republic in working towards their shared aims in the upcoming elections, which are very important for us Roma. Roma, unite!!!!"
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor
- European experts compare experiences working in socially excluded localities