Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
On the occasion of International Romani Day, different figures from around the Czech Republic are sending messages and wishes to Romani people through ROMEA TV. In the videos, messages have been sent in Czech and Romanes from Czech Radio reporter Iveta Demeterová; musician Milan Kroka; singer Erika Fečová; the director of the Life Together organization, Kumar Vishwanathan; fashion designer Pavel Berky; the director of the Anticorruption Endowment, Karel Škácha; activist Jožka Miker and others.
"I would like to wish all of you, from the bottom of my heart, and all of us much happiness, mainly that your health remains strong during this difficult time of the pandemic and that we will continue to meet here for many more years to come. But bacht the sasťipen," says Emil Voráč, director of the Khamoro organization.
"We are celebrating International Romani Day and I would like to tell you all something about it. I'm filming this message beneath a protrait of Peter Benenson. It was he who established what is today an international movement to protect human rights, under the influence of the saying that it is 'Better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness'. At the Albatros Foundation I have the great pleasure of being able to accompany dozens of young students on their journey to attaining an education and to watch how high they set their sights," says Jindra Marešová, who then continues in Romanes to wish everybody happiness and health not just today, but for all their lives.
"I am congratulating all Romani people on this International Romani Day. Dear friends, one day this, too, will pass, and we will all be stronger for it. May you all succeed," says Kumar Vishwanathan.
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha
- Coronavirus: Three Lessons for International Roma Day
- Today International Romani Day celebrated worldwide to mark the beginning of the Romani movement
- Czech Republic declares state of emergency over coronavirus pandemic, International Romani Day celebrations postponed
- England: Documentary film Pongo Calling, about Romani émigrés from the Czech Republic and Slovakia, premieres tomorrow at DocFest
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival resumes parade in Czech capital
- Czech theater ensemble producing project about children's extremism and radicalization, "Commander"
- In an historical first, Romani artist Małgorzata Mirga-Tas represents Poland at the Venice Biennale with “Re-enchanting the World”
- Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights: Roma fleeing Ukraine frequently face discrimination and prejudice
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister gets a haircut at a Romani-owned barbershop to mark World Roma Day
- Michal Mižigár: What myths exist about World Roma Day and what is the reality?
- More than 3 000 people assembled to celebrate World Roma Day in Ostrava, Czech Republic - footage of performances here
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights: I wish all Romani men and women the very best for their day today, with all my heart!
- Jihlava, Czech Republic flies the Romani flag in honor of World Roma Day
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová met with Roma students on the occasion of World Roma Day
- European Parliament President warns of growing antigypsyism and sends greetings on World Roma Day