Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
On the occasion of International Romani Day, different figures from around the Czech Republic are sending messages and wishes to Romani people through ROMEA TV. In the videos, messages have been sent in Czech and Romanes from Czech Radio reporter Iveta Demeterová; musician Milan Kroka; singer Erika Fečová; the director of the Life Together organization, Kumar Vishwanathan; fashion designer Pavel Berky; the director of the Anticorruption Endowment, Karel Škácha; activist Jožka Miker and others.
"I would like to wish all of you, from the bottom of my heart, and all of us much happiness, mainly that your health remains strong during this difficult time of the pandemic and that we will continue to meet here for many more years to come. But bacht the sasťipen," says Emil Voráč, director of the Khamoro organization.
"We are celebrating International Romani Day and I would like to tell you all something about it. I'm filming this message beneath a protrait of Peter Benenson. It was he who established what is today an international movement to protect human rights, under the influence of the saying that it is 'Better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness'. At the Albatros Foundation I have the great pleasure of being able to accompany dozens of young students on their journey to attaining an education and to watch how high they set their sights," says Jindra Marešová, who then continues in Romanes to wish everybody happiness and health not just today, but for all their lives.
"I am congratulating all Romani people on this International Romani Day. Dear friends, one day this, too, will pass, and we will all be stronger for it. May you all succeed," says Kumar Vishwanathan.
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha
- Coronavirus: Three Lessons for International Roma Day
- Today International Romani Day celebrated worldwide to mark the beginning of the Romani movement
- Czech Republic declares state of emergency over coronavirus pandemic, International Romani Day celebrations postponed
- The other Czech pandemic: Disinformation about anti-COVID vaccination. Romea.cz refutes the most frequent hoaxes and manipulations
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher
- Romani musician in Czech Republic regrets believing COVID-19 was fake now that he's had it
- Zuzana Kumanová becomes the first Romani woman ever appointed to high office in Slovakia
- Romani singer sends message about COVID-19 from a Czech hospital: You do not want to catch this
- German police officers who joined neo-Nazi groups online are being disciplined and dismissed in one state
- Czech town to see exhibition by pro-Romani and Romani artists referencing the Black Lives Matter movement
- Commentary: Romani quintuplets go to school, primitives in the Czech Republic have a field day!
- Commentary: The Czech and Slovak Romani community on the battlefield that is Facebook
- Czech Police charge author of antigypsyist article about arson for that and other offenses
- Czech NGO ROMEA and vice-chair of Pirates file criminal report over online racist commentaries about arson in Bohumín
- 11 deaths in fire, worst such death toll since 1990, met with antigypsyist celebration by Czech Internet