Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
On the occasion of International Romani Day, different figures from around the Czech Republic are sending messages and wishes to Romani people through ROMEA TV. In the videos, messages have been sent in Czech and Romanes from Czech Radio reporter Iveta Demeterová; musician Milan Kroka; singer Erika Fečová; the director of the Life Together organization, Kumar Vishwanathan; fashion designer Pavel Berky; the director of the Anticorruption Endowment, Karel Škácha; activist Jožka Miker and others.
"I would like to wish all of you, from the bottom of my heart, and all of us much happiness, mainly that your health remains strong during this difficult time of the pandemic and that we will continue to meet here for many more years to come. But bacht the sasťipen," says Emil Voráč, director of the Khamoro organization.
"We are celebrating International Romani Day and I would like to tell you all something about it. I'm filming this message beneath a protrait of Peter Benenson. It was he who established what is today an international movement to protect human rights, under the influence of the saying that it is 'Better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness'. At the Albatros Foundation I have the great pleasure of being able to accompany dozens of young students on their journey to attaining an education and to watch how high they set their sights," says Jindra Marešová, who then continues in Romanes to wish everybody happiness and health not just today, but for all their lives.
"I am congratulating all Romani people on this International Romani Day. Dear friends, one day this, too, will pass, and we will all be stronger for it. May you all succeed," says Kumar Vishwanathan.
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha
- Coronavirus: Three Lessons for International Roma Day
- Today International Romani Day celebrated worldwide to mark the beginning of the Romani movement
- Czech Republic declares state of emergency over coronavirus pandemic, International Romani Day celebrations postponed
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- Jaroslav Miko on the death of a Romani man after a police intervention: It is legitimate to demand the entire incident be investigated
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Every Child Matters - online guide for Czech educators
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic