Romani community member David Beňák now director of the Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
As of yesterday, the director of the Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion is David Beňák, previously vice-minister for the Human Rights Section at the Office of the Government. He will take over the job after its having been entrusted to acting director Radka Soukupová for the last seven months.
Beňák is succeeding the previous director, Radek Jiránek, who became the third director of the Agency on 5 June 2015 after Martin Šimáček. Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier removed Šimáček after six years running the project.
The creation of the Agency began in 2007 with the efforts of then-Human Rights and Minorities Minister Džamila Stehlíková. It began working in March 2008 and became a department of the Office of the Government.
For the next two years the Agency functioned as a pilot project in 12 selected localities. Its first director was Marek Podlaha, who was removed from the post after less than a year.
In 2009 Šimáček replaced Podlaha. He was appointed by then-Human Rights Minister Michael Kocáb.
The Agency currently collaborates with 47 localities throughout the country. By 2020 it plans to expand its activity into dozens more localities.
- Human rights agenda, including Agency for Social Inclusion and Hate Free Culture, now under Czech Justice Minister
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion has no new boss yet, temporary manager appointed from within
- Director of Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion resigning
- Czech Government "takes note" of Agency for Social Inclusion report on 2016
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says "training" apartments and jobs will help second-largest city
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion director says both housing and social workers necessary to social housing
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says amendments to consumer loan law will help combat exclusion
- Czech NGO whose head spreads hatred against Muslims and refugees will continue to work with Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion begins work with mayor who keeps attacking Roma
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion reviews local group working with Romani children after its head attacks the HateFree Culture initiative
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion's dilemma: What to do with haters of "HateFree" who work with Romani children?
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion wants to focus more on activation and community work
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion director says all-Romani classes are unfortunate, media misquote him
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion reports on transitional housing programs now underway
- Czech media reopen dispute over Agency for Social Inclusion's approach to aiding Roma
- New head of Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion will involve more socially excluded people
- Czech Government has not yet decided whether to move Agency for Social Inclusion to Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Government decides today on moving Agency for Social Inclusion to the Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support new investment into infamous housing estate properties
- Former Czech Justice Minister slated to become Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner
- EU-funded project promoting health literacy in socially excluded communities of the Czech Republic
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion criticizes housing benefit-free zones
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion distances itself from group led by candidate for party using racist slogan
- Czech candidate for party that used racist slogan now works for new group aiding Roma
- Slovakia: "Invisible Roma" protest insult by the speaker of Parliament
- Czech debtors could see their collections procedures consolidated if bill passes
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support housing benefit-free zones in Liberec
- Commentary: Four years for terrorism is a mockery - and others should have been tried