Romani community member David Beňák now director of the Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
As of yesterday, the director of the Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion is David Beňák, previously vice-minister for the Human Rights Section at the Office of the Government. He will take over the job after its having been entrusted to acting director Radka Soukupová for the last seven months.
Beňák is succeeding the previous director, Radek Jiránek, who became the third director of the Agency on 5 June 2015 after Martin Šimáček. Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier removed Šimáček after six years running the project.
The creation of the Agency began in 2007 with the efforts of then-Human Rights and Minorities Minister Džamila Stehlíková. It began working in March 2008 and became a department of the Office of the Government.
For the next two years the Agency functioned as a pilot project in 12 selected localities. Its first director was Marek Podlaha, who was removed from the post after less than a year.
In 2009 Šimáček replaced Podlaha. He was appointed by then-Human Rights Minister Michael Kocáb.
The Agency currently collaborates with 47 localities throughout the country. By 2020 it plans to expand its activity into dozens more localities.
- Human rights agenda, including Agency for Social Inclusion and Hate Free Culture, now under Czech Justice Minister
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion has no new boss yet, temporary manager appointed from within
- Director of Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion resigning
- Czech Government "takes note" of Agency for Social Inclusion report on 2016
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says "training" apartments and jobs will help second-largest city
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion director says both housing and social workers necessary to social housing
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says amendments to consumer loan law will help combat exclusion
- Czech NGO whose head spreads hatred against Muslims and refugees will continue to work with Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion begins work with mayor who keeps attacking Roma
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion reviews local group working with Romani children after its head attacks the HateFree Culture initiative
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion's dilemma: What to do with haters of "HateFree" who work with Romani children?
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion wants to focus more on activation and community work
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion director says all-Romani classes are unfortunate, media misquote him
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion reports on transitional housing programs now underway
- Czech media reopen dispute over Agency for Social Inclusion's approach to aiding Roma
- New head of Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion will involve more socially excluded people
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion publishes analysis of segregation in primary schools
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion objects to disinformation published about its proposals for infamous housing estate
- Czech MPs pass over ultra-right party's candidate for Czech News Agency board in favor of Pirates' pick
- Czech politician misquotes meeting with Romani residents of at-risk housing estate, they correct the record
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- Czech President and Senate may both nominate former Human Rights Commissioner for Deputy Ombudswoman
- Czech Government has not yet decided whether to move Agency for Social Inclusion to Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Government decides today on moving Agency for Social Inclusion to the Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support new investment into infamous housing estate properties
- Former Czech Justice Minister slated to become Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner
- EU-funded project promoting health literacy in socially excluded communities of the Czech Republic
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion criticizes housing benefit-free zones