Romani hockey player listed in Czech edition of Forbes "30 under 30"
Dominik Lakatoš was featured in the prestigious "30 under 30" list of the Czech edition of Forbes magazine in 2016.
Dominik Lakatoš, the 18-year-old hockey talent, has been chosen by the Czech edition of Forbes magazine as one of 30 young people who have reached the top of their professions before the age of 30. "At the age of two his parents put a football and a hockey stick in front of Dominik Lakatoš, he reached for the hockey stick and began his career in Kolín. In the seventh grade he began a series of big steps: Joining Liberec, playing as an adult, and his White Tigers uniform marked another jump to playing as one of the best forwards, thanks to which Liberec dominated the Extraliga. Possibly the most important such advance happened at the end of last year, when the 18-year-old became the first Romani man on the Czech Republic's hockey team and played in the World Junior Championship for those 20 and younger in Finland," the Czech edition of Forbes writes about the young Romani hockey player.
In April Lakatoš was named best rookie in the Czech Extraliga. That honor was just one more success in the long line of his achievements to date.
ryz, translated by Gwendolyn Albert
- Czech Republic: Romani ice hockey player Dominik Lakatoš is rookie of the year
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Romani hockey player pushes Spiš into the Slovak Extraliga
- Czech Republic: Romani footballers play embassy employees
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Emil Voráč: Some non-Romani social work clients in the Czech Republic refuse aid from Romani people
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Czech Ice Hockey Union fines club because its fans called Romani player a "gypsy", cites World Romani Congress
- Last survivor of Czech students sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Czech ice hockey friendly goes uncompleted after fans racially abuse Romani player and his team stops play in protest
- Magdalena Karvayová: Parents in the ghettos need to see education offers their children a future
- Edita Stejskalová: Czech PM has decided not to establish the post of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- New vice-chair of the Czech Govt Romani Affairs Council: Problems must be addressed, especially in difficult times
- Czech ice hockey star of Romani origin and NHL draft pick moves to new domestic team
- Czech hockey fans taunt Romani player with racist abuse, owner of the team they support asks league to hand down punishment
- Richard Samko's message to the late singer Věra Bílá: Me, nikda nazabisterav, palikerav tumege
Tags:Dominik Lakatoš, ice hockey, ocenění, Osobnosti
12.10.2019 10:38full story