Romani MMA fighter from Czech Republic declared champion in international mixed martial arts contest
The athletic arena in Kladno, Czech Republic held its 16th "Fight Night" last weekend. During the gala show, fighters competed in boxing or K1 martial arts.
The show was the first time that fighters in Kladno have competed in a Mixed Martial Arts cage. The evening culminated with an international heavyweight contest between Alexandr Cverna of the Czech Republic and Dalibor Milutonovič of Serbia.
Cverna, who is of Romani origin, won during the first half of the first round. He has competed three times and won twice.
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani athlete Dominik Oračko of the Czech Republic wins two gold medals and one silver at the Youth World Weightlifting Championships
- Romani girl who won race in Slovakia while running in flats keeps on winning
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Slovakia: Girl from impoverished Romani family wins race running in flats
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- EXCLUSIVE: Romani figure skater Ivan Righini, three-time Italian champion, competes for the European Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech essay contest for youth asks for reflections on the claim: "I'm not a racist, but...", deadline 18 February
- Jan Cina wins Czech Television's StarDance 2021 competition with Adriana Mašková
- Czech capital to see announcement of awards for children's Romanes-language literature, video and visual art today - Romano suno 2021
- Final round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" to broadcast this weekend, Romani family act makes the finals
- Romani musician Tibor Žida advances to the next round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" with his version of the Czechoslovak national anthem
- Romani junior weightlifter wins three gold medals for the Czech Republic in youth championship held online because of COVID-19
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech mayor castigates residential hotel evictees over their impending homelessness
- Impoverished Roma are subjected to blackmail and slave wages, Czech mayor blames their poor negotiation skills
- Europe's Romani community asked to nominate films for AKE DIKHEA? festival, DEADLINE 15 OCTOBER
- Czech town to discuss controversial proposal tomorrow to declare its entire territory "socially undesirable"