Romani MMA fighter from Czech Republic declared champion in international mixed martial arts contest
The athletic arena in Kladno, Czech Republic held its 16th "Fight Night" last weekend. During the gala show, fighters competed in boxing or K1 martial arts.
The show was the first time that fighters in Kladno have competed in a Mixed Martial Arts cage. The evening culminated with an international heavyweight contest between Alexandr Cverna of the Czech Republic and Dalibor Milutonovič of Serbia.
Cverna, who is of Romani origin, won during the first half of the first round. He has competed three times and won twice.
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani athlete Dominik Oračko of the Czech Republic wins two gold medals and one silver at the Youth World Weightlifting Championships
- Romani girl who won race in Slovakia while running in flats keeps on winning
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Slovakia: Girl from impoverished Romani family wins race running in flats
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- EXCLUSIVE: Romani figure skater Ivan Righini, three-time Italian champion, competes for the European Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Impoverished Roma are subjected to blackmail and slave wages, Czech mayor blames their poor negotiation skills
- Europe's Romani community asked to nominate films for AKE DIKHEA? festival, DEADLINE 15 OCTOBER
- Czech town to discuss controversial proposal tomorrow to declare its entire territory "socially undesirable"
- Vicente Rodriguez Speaks About His Vision for the Romani People
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Indonesia: Hijab-Wearing Female Metal Group Defies Stereotypes
- Czech-French film features young Romani actor in lead role
- VIDEO: Romani singer Joci Pápai makes it to the Eurovision final
- Kai Dikhas Gallery in Berlin features painter Laďa Gažiová in group show "Kali Berga"
- Czech capital one of more than 600 marches worldwide in solidarity with women demonstrating in Washington DC
- Czech Radio marks International Romani Language Day by premiering radio drama based on a Romani fairytale
- "Roma Rising" exhibition featuring portraits of Roma from Czech Republic to open in Kladno