Romani MMA fighter from Czech Republic declared champion in international mixed martial arts contest
The athletic arena in Kladno, Czech Republic held its 16th "Fight Night" last weekend. During the gala show, fighters competed in boxing or K1 martial arts.
The show was the first time that fighters in Kladno have competed in a Mixed Martial Arts cage. The evening culminated with an international heavyweight contest between Alexandr Cverna of the Czech Republic and Dalibor Milutonovič of Serbia.
Cverna, who is of Romani origin, won during the first half of the first round. He has competed three times and won twice.
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani athlete Dominik Oračko of the Czech Republic wins two gold medals and one silver at the Youth World Weightlifting Championships
- Romani girl who won race in Slovakia while running in flats keeps on winning
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Slovakia: Girl from impoverished Romani family wins race running in flats
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Romani junior weightlifter wins three gold medals for the Czech Republic in youth championship held online because of COVID-19
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech mayor castigates residential hotel evictees over their impending homelessness
- Impoverished Roma are subjected to blackmail and slave wages, Czech mayor blames their poor negotiation skills
- Europe's Romani community asked to nominate films for AKE DIKHEA? festival, DEADLINE 15 OCTOBER
- Czech town to discuss controversial proposal tomorrow to declare its entire territory "socially undesirable"
- Vicente Rodriguez Speaks About His Vision for the Romani People
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Indonesia: Hijab-Wearing Female Metal Group Defies Stereotypes
- Czech-French film features young Romani actor in lead role
- VIDEO: Romani singer Joci Pápai makes it to the Eurovision final