TODAY!!! Romani people to demonstrate against racism on 17 March in Prague's Klárov Park
Romani people and others opposed to the dissemination of hatred in the Czech Republic will be protesting racism, violence, and the doubting of the Holocaust and its Romani victims on Saturday, 17 March 2018 in Prague at Klárov Park, the grassy area across from the Malostranská metro station. In addition to speeches, the names of the victims of racist violence in the Czech Republic will be read aloud, the international Romani anthem will be sung, and the Romani band Bengas will perform.
The protest was originally meant to happen in front of the Office of the Government, but organizers moved it to Klárov for capacity and safety reasons. "The times and all the rest remain the same. The assembly is being moved 120 meters away from the building of the Office of the Government to Klárov.Park, which is visible from the Malostranská metro station," Emil Voráč, director of the convening organization Khamoro,told news server Romea.cz.
"If we do not protest against this racism and the doubting of the Romani Holocaust, such remarks will become a regular part of daily life and many more adherents of neo- Nazism and Fascist ideology will continue to proliferate here," Voráč said. "If you are dissatisfied with this growing racism, come support this event. If you are outraged by the Holocaust at Lety and its Romani victims being doubted by the highest constitutional officers in this country, come support this demonstration."
"Many Romani people are not aware what kind of situation has arisen here and who is basically leading the Czech Republic. Some Romani people have apparently been asleep, and most Romani people just cry and complain. This demonstration will protest the racism and violence committed against Romani people and the remarks made by Tomio Okamura, who should not be holding the function of vice-chair of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic," said Ladislav Baláž, chair of the Europe Roma organization, who also thanked representatives of the Christian Democrats (KDU- ČSL), TOP 09, STAN, the Pirates and the Civic Democratic Party (ODS) for doing their best to dismiss Okamura recently.
The assembly is being convened just a few days before the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is marked annually on 21 March. In addition to the Europe Roma and Khamoro organizations, the demonstration is supported by the Association of Romani Representatives of Liberec Region and Other Regions, by Romodrom, the Romani Democratic Party, the Union of Vlax Roma and Konexe.
ASSEMBLY AGAINST RACISM 17 March 2018 - 13:00 - 15:00 - Klárov Park, the grassy area across from the Malostranská metro station.
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls Czech MP's remarks about Romani genocide site classic Holocaust denial
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls for creation of a European Foundation for the Memory of the Roma Holocaust
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Czech demonstration against doubting the genocide of the Roma, hatred and racism
- Czech Justice Minister: State has no solution for social exclusion, Romani children not on an equal footing with others
- Germany: Neo-Nazi terrorists get multiple-year sentences
- Czech MPs refuse to approve program of extraordinary session to remove vice-chair accused of denying the Romani Holocaust
- Slovak ultra-right MP tried for extremism after making xenophobic remarks about Roma
- Štefan Horvát: Okamura should not lead the lower house, Communists have harmed and are harming Roma, Czech Justice Minister should stay
- Czech terrorist allegedly a fanatical supporter of ultra-right party who has attacked Romani people in the past
- Stano Daniel: A message from Slovakia. First, words fall. Then people.
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Czech lower house refuses vote about denier of Romani genocide as vice-chair, Christian Democrats call for extraordinary session
- Margareta Matache and Cornel West on the common struggle of African Americans and Roma against white normativity
- Czech Justice Minister threatens to resign if SPD party joins the Government, calls it fascist, they plan to sue
Tags:Demonstrace, Extremism, Okamura - popírání romského holocaustu, Racism
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.