Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
Alex Dzurko has become broadly known especially among the younger generation in the Czech Republic thanks to the many videos he has produced in which he uses clips from famous films and overdubs what the main characters are saying with his original humor. Those videos have been viewed tens of thousands of times and some of the lines produced by his amateur dubbing have become a permanent part of his fans' vocabulary.
He is also involved in many other activities, one of which is rap. His new song is called "We Are All Equal" (Všichni jsme si rovni) and is an uncompromising critique of racism - irrespective of who spreads it.
"This is a consequence of what's happening in the Czech Republic. It's like I say in the song: What a Czech can do, a Roma can do - both the good and the bad. In all directions," Dzurko told news server Romea.cz.
The performer anticipated negative reactions to his settling of accounts with racists. For now, however, he has noted just positive responses from both non-Roma and Roma.
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- VIDEO: 2 000 people in Rokycany, Czech Republic, pay their respects to the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Documentarist says Czech rap artist Shot stands out because he draws from real life
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Chess player, age 11, is a Romani talent from Slovakia who is defeating adult competitors
- Czech court hears defamation case against man who insulted a member of the Govt's Roma Council in the media
- Czech Police charge two men for publishing racist content about mass killing last year, Pirate Party and ROMEA filed reports against them
- Alena Gronzíková: Czech landlords will not rent to Roma even with good references and steady incomes
- Romani singer Věra Gondolánová has passed away
- Volunteer civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: ombudsman intentionally undermining the dignity of Romani people
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- Czech racists hated Vodafone Christmas ad featuring non-white children, the company objects to their online comments
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to adults who assaulted young Romani children physically and verbally in a park last year
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison