Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
Alex Dzurko has become broadly known especially among the younger generation in the Czech Republic thanks to the many videos he has produced in which he uses clips from famous films and overdubs what the main characters are saying with his original humor. Those videos have been viewed tens of thousands of times and some of the lines produced by his amateur dubbing have become a permanent part of his fans' vocabulary.
He is also involved in many other activities, one of which is rap. His new song is called "We Are All Equal" (Všichni jsme si rovni) and is an uncompromising critique of racism - irrespective of who spreads it.
"This is a consequence of what's happening in the Czech Republic. It's like I say in the song: What a Czech can do, a Roma can do - both the good and the bad. In all directions," Dzurko told news server Romea.cz.
The performer anticipated negative reactions to his settling of accounts with racists. For now, however, he has noted just positive responses from both non-Roma and Roma.
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- VIDEO: 2 000 people in Rokycany, Czech Republic, pay their respects to the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Documentarist says Czech rap artist Shot stands out because he draws from real life
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Czech Interior Minister: Romani refugees from Ukraine are not a threat, they are the worst-afflicted by this crisis, we can atone for the hardship we have caused them
- Czech Police and Romani nonprofits have begun informing homeless Romani refugees from Ukraine at Prague's main train station of their options
- US President Biden condemns white supremacist terrorist attack in Buffalo, New York that murdered 10 people
- Czech capital to see demonstration in support of Romani refugees from Ukraine calling for dignified conditions
- Tent city in Czech capital has not solved the situation of the Romani refugees from Ukraine, hundreds at main station, few with Hungarian passports
- Czech Health Minister: Room for Romani refugees from Ukraine has to be found outside of Prague
- Czech academic publishes book on how to work with groups where non-Romani and Romani people come together
- Czech university distances itself from e-mail alleging increased security needed for dorm because of refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Caritas branch objects to Romani political party's critique of aid to Romani refugees from Ukraine, party stands by its allegations
- Jarmila Balážová: Condemnation of refugee Romani children and their mothers from Ukraine is unfair when their brothers, fathers and sons are fighting back at home!
- Prague Mayor tells Czech Govt that if refugees are not redistributed elsewhere in the country by Tuesday, he will close the assistance center
- VIDEO: Tents for Romani refugees from Ukraine were erected in the Czech capital in the Troja neighborhood