Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
The Bagárová sisters launched a new single, "Sister" (Sestra), and video on Valentine's Day. The music was composed by Natálie Bagárová, who wrote the lyrics with her sister Monika, an already-established vocalist.
Many are commenting not just on how beautiful Natálie is - she is seven years younger than Monika - but what a big talent she is as well. The sisters are singing about their relationship and how important family is.
"It's beautiful to have strong family relationships, it's beautiful to have a soulmate so close by, to stand by each other in good times and bad. That's the message of our song for you, and we'd like to motivate you to strengthen your relationships, to make them better, or to at least take the first step toward making them a little bit better," Monika Bagárová posted to her online profile
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Romani music celebrity supports "Go For Your Dream" project at Czech shopping centers
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Czech Philharmonic will continue collaboration with Romani musician Ida Kelarová
- USA: Pianist Tomáš Kačo performs solo at Carnegie Hall - "There is no box for this music"
- Hungary: Romani duo from Slovakia win the "X Factor" music competition
- Czech pop music contest says fans of xenophobic band have broken their rules
- Romani musician Ida Kelarová to present young Romani musicians she has coached in concert Friday with the Czech Philharmonic
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Czech Republic: Romani musician receives award for civic bravery
- Czech Republic: Motion to name park after Romani musician passes the first bureaucratic hurdle
- Czech neo-Nazis experience May Day debacle as counter-protests drown them out with music
- 19th annual KHAMORO festival in Prague: Conferences, exhibitions, football - and music
- Czech Republic: Romani street musician shines in "Pianist of the Year" competition
- Czech civil society prize goes to Romani musician Radek Banga for protesting music award to neo-Nazi band
- Czech Republic: Romani musicians give benefit concert for families of girls killed in hit-and-run in England
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- COVID-19 virus mutation means Czech Republic introducing quarantine for arrivals from Britain, flights stop today at noon
- Romani celebrities in Czech Republic with COVID-19 use social media to warn others, but will they be believed?
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Slovakia: At-home quarantine not functional in Romani-inhabited settlements, COVID-19 infected persons to be taken to state-run facilities
- European Commission calls for public recommendations about its Framework for National Roma Inclusion Strategies by 16 March
- Czech xenophobic band removed from music festival lineup after other performers refuse to share the stage with them
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label