ROMEA launches first year of Literary Competition for Romani college students
On the occasion of International Romani Language Day the ROMEA organization in the Czech Republic announced its first-ever Literary Competition for Romani Students. College students of Romani origin can submit their contributions for the inaugura year of this competition now.
Next year the contest will be opened to secondary school students as well. The event is being implemented with the support of the VELUX Foundations of Denmark.
The pieces submitted will be assessed by an erudite commission featuring the Romani authors Renata Berkyová, Eva Danišová and Gejza Horváth. The authors of the best three contributions will be given a cash prize and their work will be published on news server Romea.cz.
First prize will be CZK 3 000 (EUR 110), second prize CZK 2 700 (EUR 100) and third prize CZK 2 400 (EUR 90). The deadline is 30 November 2016 and students can send their pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information is available at www.romskastipendia.cz. Pieces can be submitted in either Czech or Romanes.
- Czech Republic: Romani high school students receive scholarships at ceremony, sponsors are convinced education is an investment
- Czech Republic: ROMEA awards scholarships to Romani secondary school students
- NGOs meet with Czech EdMin about the state hiring Roma and support for Romani students
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Central European University offers stipend to Romani students for online summer school, deadline 13 May
- Czech foundation introduces new online platform for tutoring services
- Adriana Kotlárová, educator at school with many Romani pupils: Families have no Internet access, personal contact unavoidable even during COVID-19
- Czech primary schools begin first-grade enrollment, children not present due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Applications to Central European University preparatory course for Romani graduate students can be submitted until mid-March
- International competition for new memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani and Sinti victims in Czech Republic has seven finalists
- Czech lower house votes for new ombudsman, runoff to be held later today
- Robert Olah, Romani university student in the Czech Republic, on personal motivation and nonprofit support
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture's international competition for new memorial at former concentration camp receives 41 designs, exceeding organizers' expectations
- Czech Republic's Museum of Romani Culture to educate students at memorial site of former concentration camp at Lety