ROMEA launches first year of Literary Competition for Romani college students
On the occasion of International Romani Language Day the ROMEA organization in the Czech Republic announced its first-ever Literary Competition for Romani Students. College students of Romani origin can submit their contributions for the inaugura year of this competition now.
Next year the contest will be opened to secondary school students as well. The event is being implemented with the support of the VELUX Foundations of Denmark.
The pieces submitted will be assessed by an erudite commission featuring the Romani authors Renata Berkyová, Eva Danišová and Gejza Horváth. The authors of the best three contributions will be given a cash prize and their work will be published on news server Romea.cz.
First prize will be CZK 3 000 (EUR 110), second prize CZK 2 700 (EUR 100) and third prize CZK 2 400 (EUR 90). The deadline is 30 November 2016 and students can send their pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information is available at www.romskastipendia.cz. Pieces can be submitted in either Czech or Romanes.
- Czech Republic: Romani high school students receive scholarships at ceremony, sponsors are convinced education is an investment
- Czech Republic: ROMEA awards scholarships to Romani secondary school students
- NGOs meet with Czech EdMin about the state hiring Roma and support for Romani students
- Czech Republic: Romani university student was first sent to "special school" as a "gypsy"
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 13:00 CET: Ceremonial awarding of certificates for ROMEA's scholarship program
- Czech capital to see ceremonial induction of Romani students into ROMEA scholarship program
- Central European University offers Master's degree preparatory course for Romani college students
- Romani college prep student in Czech Republic and ROMEA scholarship recipient hopes to become a dentist someday
- Czech Republic sees 10th BARUVAS meeting of Romani students, study abroad one of the topics
- Educator Martin Kaleja: From the Romani settlements in Slovakia to the Czech academic world
- ROMEA TV: Czech Republic's Gipsy Brothers band reminisces about 16 years of friendship
- Romani community member Edita Stejskalová recognized for her political engagement in the Czech Republic
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture offering year-long paid internship in Berlin, Germany
- Romani student at Czech college prep school learns about Romani history through BARUVAS student meetings
- Winner of Czech-Slovak singing competition "The Voice" subjected to racist attacks online
- Czech Republic sees eighth BARUVAS program meeting for Romani students