Scholarship for female Romani students at Czech pedagogical secondary schools open until 31 August
The Roma Education Fund is still accepting applications for the scholarship program designed for female students accepted to Czech pedagogical secondary schools for the 2017/2018 school year. The program activities are focused on supporting female Romani students at pedagogical secondary schools studying in the field of "Preschool and Extracurricular Pedagogy" or the "Pedagogical Lyceum".
Scholarship recipients will receive aid in preparing for their studies at secondary school, mentoring during their studies, coverage of the costs essential to studying at secondary school (travel, room and board, tuition at private schools), and third or fourth year students will receive additional financial support as well as assistance with finding a place to complete their practicums, with finding employment in regions with high numbers of Romani inhabitants, and with applying to college. The main aim of the project is to increase the number of female Romani teachers working at preschool facilities in the Czech Republic in order to have a positive impact on increasing the number of Romani children attending preschool education.
High-quality preschool preparation is essential to a child successfully beginning compulsory education. The application process is as follows:
Female students who have been accepted to study the field of "Preschool and Extracurricular Pedagogy" or "Pedagogical Lyceum" must submit their applications, together with their report cards for the eighth and ninth grades of primary school, by 31 August 2017, together with confirmation that they have been accepted to secondary school.
By 15 September 2017, applicants must submit all of the mandatory appendixes to the application, including confirmation of their acceptance to a pedagogical secondary school offering the two fields of study supported. If you are interested in applying, please contact the program coordinator in the Czech Republic for the Roma Education Fund, Yveta Kenety, as follows:
By post: ROMEA, Korunní 127, 130 00 Praha 3
By telephone: 777 051 442
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Czech primary school hires private security, ROMEA organization offers aid to the management
- Czech capital sees gathering of Romani students awarded scholarships by the ROMEA organization
- 15th BARUVAS meeting in the Czech Republic for Romani students features theater performance about Romani history
- Romani college and high school students motivate Romani pupils in excluded localities of the Czech Republic to continue their studies
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech NGO ROMEA offering Romani students another scholarship opportunity
- Barbora Ellen Bilá: I want to go to college and make my grandfather's last wish come true
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- "Haters Will Not Stop Us!" ROMEA launches campaign to support Romani scholarship program
- Romani students in the Czech Republic can apply to ROMEA for scholarships in June
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- ROMEA gives 94 Romani students at Czech colleges and high schools scholarships, program is in its fifth year