Scholarship for female Romani students at Czech pedagogical secondary schools open until 31 August
The Roma Education Fund is still accepting applications for the scholarship program designed for female students accepted to Czech pedagogical secondary schools for the 2017/2018 school year. The program activities are focused on supporting female Romani students at pedagogical secondary schools studying in the field of "Preschool and Extracurricular Pedagogy" or the "Pedagogical Lyceum".
Scholarship recipients will receive aid in preparing for their studies at secondary school, mentoring during their studies, coverage of the costs essential to studying at secondary school (travel, room and board, tuition at private schools), and third or fourth year students will receive additional financial support as well as assistance with finding a place to complete their practicums, with finding employment in regions with high numbers of Romani inhabitants, and with applying to college. The main aim of the project is to increase the number of female Romani teachers working at preschool facilities in the Czech Republic in order to have a positive impact on increasing the number of Romani children attending preschool education.
High-quality preschool preparation is essential to a child successfully beginning compulsory education. The application process is as follows:
Female students who have been accepted to study the field of "Preschool and Extracurricular Pedagogy" or "Pedagogical Lyceum" must submit their applications, together with their report cards for the eighth and ninth grades of primary school, by 31 August 2017, together with confirmation that they have been accepted to secondary school.
By 15 September 2017, applicants must submit all of the mandatory appendixes to the application, including confirmation of their acceptance to a pedagogical secondary school offering the two fields of study supported. If you are interested in applying, please contact the program coordinator in the Czech Republic for the Roma Education Fund, Yveta Kenety, as follows:
By post: ROMEA, Korunní 127, 130 00 Praha 3
By telephone: 777 051 442
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Czech Republic: The English College in Prague fundraises for Romani student scholarship
- Czech Republic: Romani high school students receive scholarships at ceremony, sponsors are convinced education is an investment
- Czech Republic: ROMEA awards scholarships to Romani secondary school students
- Czech Republic: Romani scholarship recipients study economics, history, IT, languages and medicine
- Czech Republic: Romani Student Movement says Roma must be involved in addressing affairs that affect them
- Czech Republic: Romani secondary school students can apply for scholarships, deadline is 15 July
- Slovakia: Romani girl from bad neighborhood did the best on entrance exams, now tutors others
- Vanesa Horváthová: I hope there will be more Romani doctors, journalists, lawyers and police officers
- Renata Berkyová: How a Czech gadjo from Reflex magazine couldn't help showing his racism
- Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma
- Czech MEP Zdechovský for ROMEA TV: Romani projects must have concrete outputs like the Romani scholarships do
- Czech NGO ROMEA launches I HAVE A DREAM! campaign to support Romani students
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- England's first Romani lawyer was born in the Czech Republic, helps domestic violence victims
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Czech party wants to abolish compulsory preschool, former EdMin calls it a cheap gesture
Tags:předškolní výchova, Stipendia, Vzdělávání, zrovnoprávnění
Residents of Czech neighborhood announce "Two Weeks of Vigilance" to protest their impending eviction16.7.2018 7:43
Czech politician spreads hateful racist hoaxes online against dark-skinned footballers, Muslims and Roma16.7.2018 6:32
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.