Signatures of academics falsified on petition supporting Bátora
Some of the signatures on a petition in support of Ladislav Bátora, the chair of the "Akce D.O.S.T." association who is currently deputy director of the cabinet of Czech Education Minister Josef Dobeš, have been falsified. Members of the academic community at Masaryk University have issued a statement to that effect which we publish in full below.
Statement by the staff of the Religious Studies Institute at Masaryk University
We have been warned by one of our students that the signatories to a petition in support of Mr Ladislav Bátora include several staff members of the Religious Studies Institute (Ústav religionistiky), specifically, those of assistant professor Václavík, Dr. Fujda, Dr. Chalupa, Dr. Zbíral and Dr. Valtrová. None of these people ever signed this petition and they all clearly distance themselves from their alleged signatures. Their names have been clearly misused for political aims with which they fundamentally disagree. The organizers of the petition have been contacted with the demand that the names of the staff members at the Religious Studies Institute be immediately removed from the list of signatories to the petition.
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor
- European experts compare experiences working in socially excluded localities