Traditional commemoration ceremony honors Romani victims of Lety concentration camp on Sunday, 13 May
The Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holocaustu v České republice - VPORH) is holding its traditional commemoration ceremony on Sunday, 13 May at the memorial to the Romani victims of the concentration camp at Lety by Písek.
The former Romani prisoners of Nazi concentration camps and their bereaved invite you to the traditional
*Commemorative ceremony for the Romani victims of Nazism*
held with the kind support of the Foundation for Holocaust Victims (Nadační fond obětem holocaustu) on Sunday, 13 May 2012, at 12:30 at the memorial to the former Romani concentration camp at Lety by Písek.
12:30 - The Czech and the Romani national anthems
12:40 - Laying of wreaths at the memorial, religious service
13:30 - Speeches
14:20 - Ending of the official portion of the commemorative service, tour of the new memorial, laying of wreaths at the memorial to the child victims of the camp in the parish cemetery in Mirovice
The Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic (VPORH v ČR) brings together former Romani prisoners of Nazi concentrationcamps and their bereaved.
Organized by VPORH v ČR, Barákova 1002, 508 01 Hořice
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +420 603 247 617
- ERTF: Czech Republic failing Roma under the European Social Charter
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor