TV Prima to broadcast talk show episode today - will it be in its entirety?
According to information reported by the news server Mediahub.cz, the episode that was to have been broadcast yesterday of the Jan Kraus talk show on TV Prima will be broadcast today. It is, however, possible that it will not be broadcast in its entirety and that its opening segment will be edited out.
"Prima will broadcast today during prime time (20:15) its previously advertised episode of the Jan Kraus talk show with guests Jiří Brady, Czech Culture Minister Daniel Herman, singer Anna K and actor Roman Štabrňák," Mediahub.cz reported, referencing a press release by Jana Mrákotová of TV Prima. The news server goes on to report that: "It cannot be ruled out that the opening segment of the program may have been assessed by the Council on Radio and Television Broadcasting as violating the responsiblity to be balanced and objective. However, as far as online broadcasting goes, no such regulation exists in the online environment, and therefore Prima believes that the segment will be made accessible in its entirety on the website Showjanakrause.cz. Mrákotová further notes that posting the entire version of the episode online is absolutely solely a matter for the directors and producers of the Jan Kraus Show and she is not aware why the episode was not broadcast online yesterday despite the fact that viewers drew attention to this option," Mediahub.cz reports.
- Scandal as TV Prima fails to broadcast talk show episode with Czech Culture Minister and Holocaust survivor
- Czech actors and theater producers say political elites are failing the country
- Fifty legislators meet with the Dalai Lama in the Czech Senate, criticize statement by high officials
- The Dalai Lama speaks about Havel's legacy, significance of the EU during Prague visit
- Assembly against discrimination and racism in Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic attended mostly by Romani people
- EXCLUSIVE: Hradec Králové, Czech Republic, is on edge. Romani youth was assaulted and his jaw broken, but police dissuaded him from filing a crime report
- Czech town cancels commission for container housing as too costly - which local opposition politicians have argued all along
- Slovakia: Racist politicians launch hateful anti-Romani campaign over state's pandemic benefit for impoverished children
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- COMMENTARY: Czech TV show portrays Roma as nothing but criminals
- Czech millionaire goes undercover as part of new reality show, volunteers at Romani boxing club, then surprises them with a donation
- Czech police use dehumanizing terms if incidents involve Romani people, the media parrot them - and then pogroms begin
- Commentary: CNN Prima begins its Czech-language broadcasting with stereotypes about Romani people
- Romani activist will seek to become chair of Progressive Slovakia party
- Czech ombudsman "likes" racist post on Facebook, refuses to answer questions about what that means
- Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network