VIDEO: Czech Police proceeded incorrectly, attorney for family of deceased Romani man says
News server Romea.cz has asked several questions of the legal representative of the bereaved in the case of the death of Mr Miroslav Demeter, the young Romani man who lost his life in a pizzeria in the town of Žatec after a conflict with other customers. JUDr. Michal Pacovský has assessed the procedure of the police to date for news server Romea.cz and described what he considers to be the basic misconduct that he believes police have committed.
This video has English subtitles, please make sure to press the icon on the right-hand side beneath the image to view them.
- Czech Police find no crime was committed in death of Romani man last fall
- Czech investigation into death of Romani man in a pizzeria will announce findings at press conference
- Romani family files complaint against Czech investigation of death
- Czech Republic: Investigation into Romani man's death continues as interethnic gulf widens
- Romani Union of Slovakia: Police brutality against children must be investigated by independent commission, the ministry could be biased
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities says she belives police brutality incident will be properly investigated, officer has been transferred
- Czech ultra-nationalist MP could evade prosecution for calling immigrant Muslims an "invasive species"
- Scientists confirm COVID-19 evolved in nature
- Czech Police arrest opponents of new ombudsman who blockaded his access to the office on his first day
- Czech Police investigate distribution of antisemitic book after media reports
- European Court of Human Rights finds Slovak authorities did not properly investigate police brutality against Romani boy
- For a third time, Slovak court acquits police of brutalizing Romani children a decade ago, prosecutor appealing
- Patrik Banga: Internet violence should be punished with prison
- Czech Police recommend prosecuting woman who wore Nazi swastikas for supporting a movement to suppress human rights
- European Roma Rights Centre gives legal aid to victims alleging Slovak police brutality
- Czech off-duty police officer assaults Romani children for smoking