VIDEO: Exhibition about Romani jewelry in Brno on view until the end of April
An exhibition of Romani jewelry entitled "Romani Treasure - Amare somnaka" (Poklad Romů) is underway at the Museum of Romani Culture in Brno. It features not just unique pieces in gold and silver, but also jewelry from Romani designers all over Europe.
Those visiting can look forward, for example, to the creations of Monika Vontszemüová of Slovakia, who is designing both gowns and jewelry for the finalists in the Miss Slovakia competition. A total of 382 pieces have been insured for CZK 4 million [EUR 148 000].
According to the curator and director of the Museum, PhDr. Jana Horváthová, the exhibition is revealing for what is historically the first time ever the uniqueness of these jewelry designs in Europe. The exhibition closes on 30 April.
- Czech Human Rights Minister wants Lety concentration camp memorial administered by Museum of Romani Culture, relative of victims disagrees
- Czech Govt Council on Roma Affairs insists Museum of Romani Culture manage Romani Holocaust memorial at Hodonín
- Czech Republic: 2016 Prize of the Museum of Romani Culture goes to Margita Lázoková
- Czech Republic: Museum of Romani Culture to commemorate ROMFEST 1990 and award its own 2016 prize
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- Winning design for new memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti in the Czech Republic features enormous circle at the site of the former concentration camp
- Here is the winning design for the new memorial to Holocaust victims of Roma and Sinti origin at the former concentration camp in Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 11 AM: Winning design for future memorial at former concentration camp for Roma to be unveiled in Prague
- "Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Jana Horváthová: Institutional racism still exists, many Roma have no faith in official structures
- Petr Kotlár: Filming with Václav Marhoul was a colossal experience