VIDEO: Exhibition about Romani jewelry in Brno on view until the end of April
An exhibition of Romani jewelry entitled "Romani Treasure - Amare somnaka" (Poklad Romů) is underway at the Museum of Romani Culture in Brno. It features not just unique pieces in gold and silver, but also jewelry from Romani designers all over Europe.
Those visiting can look forward, for example, to the creations of Monika Vontszemüová of Slovakia, who is designing both gowns and jewelry for the finalists in the Miss Slovakia competition. A total of 382 pieces have been insured for CZK 4 million [EUR 148 000].
According to the curator and director of the Museum, PhDr. Jana Horváthová, the exhibition is revealing for what is historically the first time ever the uniqueness of these jewelry designs in Europe. The exhibition closes on 30 April.
- Czech Human Rights Minister wants Lety concentration camp memorial administered by Museum of Romani Culture, relative of victims disagrees
- Czech Govt Council on Roma Affairs insists Museum of Romani Culture manage Romani Holocaust memorial at Hodonín
- Czech Republic: 2016 Prize of the Museum of Romani Culture goes to Margita Lázoková
- Czech Republic: Museum of Romani Culture to commemorate ROMFEST 1990 and award its own 2016 prize
- Czech anti-totalitarianism festival Mene Tekel features exhibit about the architecture competition for the Lety Memorial to the Holocaust
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- Museum of Romani Culture hosts the Carrets' exhibition of photographs from their visits with friends in Romani communities
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY: Commemorative ceremony at the memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims in Hodonín u Kunštátu, Czech Republic
- Czech Republic finally sees opening of permanent exhibition at the Memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti in Moravia
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture collaborates on first-ever posters for primary schools about Romani art, history, language, literature and music
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak