VIDEO: Gala celebration for International Romani Day in Prague
Prague's La Fabrika club was the location last night of a gala celebration for this year's International Romani Day that was streamed live online by Romea.cz. Czech and Romani circus artists and musicians performed together.
Several stars of the contemporary music scene in the Czech Republic, such as Filip Gondolán and Milan Kroka, who performed for years with the legendary Romani vocalist Věra Bílá, made appearances. David Koller, lead singer for the band Lucie, and Richard Tesařík, leader of the Yo Yo Band, also performed.
The audience was also able to enjoy up-and-coming star of Czech freestyle rap Sharkass, the diva Adriana Dráfiová (aka Gitana) from Slovakia, vocalist Jan Bendig and many other performances. All of the performers were accompanied by the exceptional Josef Fečo Band, comprised of leading young Romani musicians.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LA FABRIKA
- Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček on International Romani Day: Believe in yourselves, go for your dreams
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- Czech capital sees gathering of Romani students awarded scholarships by the ROMEA organization
- At remembrance event, chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust says Okamura is one of the Czech politicians agitating against Romani people
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT NOON: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
- Human rights activists: Czech police officers who intervened against Stanislav Tomáš should be suspended until investigations end, ban kneeling on the neck during interventions
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Jaroslav Miko on the death of a Romani man after a police intervention: It is legitimate to demand the entire incident be investigated
- Every Child Matters - online guide for Czech educators
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- VIDEO: Igor Kmeťo, Jr., Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig and others release new song for International Roma Day
- US administration greets Roma on 8 April, Romani flag up at the US Embassy in Prague