VIDEO: Gala celebration for International Romani Day in Prague
Prague's La Fabrika club was the location last night of a gala celebration for this year's International Romani Day that was streamed live online by Romea.cz. Czech and Romani circus artists and musicians performed together.
Several stars of the contemporary music scene in the Czech Republic, such as Filip Gondolán and Milan Kroka, who performed for years with the legendary Romani vocalist Věra Bílá, made appearances. David Koller, lead singer for the band Lucie, and Richard Tesařík, leader of the Yo Yo Band, also performed.
The audience was also able to enjoy up-and-coming star of Czech freestyle rap Sharkass, the diva Adriana Dráfiová (aka Gitana) from Slovakia, vocalist Jan Bendig and many other performances. All of the performers were accompanied by the exceptional Josef Fečo Band, comprised of leading young Romani musicians.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LA FABRIKA
- Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček on International Romani Day: Believe in yourselves, go for your dreams
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- Czech Police investigating dozens of online comments approving of the neo-Nazi attack in New Zealand
- US company shuts down neo-Nazi website "White Media" at the request of the Czech authorities
- Czech principal says politicians forgot about her school after death threats were made against it last year
- LIVE BROADCAST at 13:00 TODAY: Demonstration "Let's Do It! Me Džav a So Tumen Avena?"
- Czech Internet trolls have competition - "elves" are combating disinformation and propaganda
- New York Times: Social network operators do not know how to intervene against disinformation and hatred
- VIDEO: Roma Pride 2018 in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 14:15 TODAY - Roma Pride 2018
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 11 CET: Ceremonial awarding of scholarships for Romani secondary school students
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council leave meeting in protest against housing benefit-free zones
- VIDEO: Demonstration about closure of Czech city's residential hotels, inhabited mostly by Roma
- Czech play focuses on hateful commentaries posted to Internet discussions - #nejsemrasista_ale