VIDEO: Gala celebration for International Romani Day in Prague
Prague's La Fabrika club was the location last night of a gala celebration for this year's International Romani Day that was streamed live online by Romea.cz. Czech and Romani circus artists and musicians performed together.
Several stars of the contemporary music scene in the Czech Republic, such as Filip Gondolán and Milan Kroka, who performed for years with the legendary Romani vocalist Věra Bílá, made appearances. David Koller, lead singer for the band Lucie, and Richard Tesařík, leader of the Yo Yo Band, also performed.
The audience was also able to enjoy up-and-coming star of Czech freestyle rap Sharkass, the diva Adriana Dráfiová (aka Gitana) from Slovakia, vocalist Jan Bendig and many other performances. All of the performers were accompanied by the exceptional Josef Fečo Band, comprised of leading young Romani musicians.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LA FABRIKA
- Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček on International Romani Day: Believe in yourselves, go for your dreams
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- 11 deaths in fire, worst such death toll since 1990, met with antigypsyist celebration by Czech Internet
- LIVE BROADCAST Sunday at noon CET: European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Slovak NGO reports that Romani children from excluded localities lack the online distance learning option
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 11 AM: Winning design for future memorial at former concentration camp for Roma to be unveiled in Prague
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Closed commemoration of the Roma victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku cultural heritage site
- Araceli Cañadas Ortega: Romani women are the roots that feed our communities with care and love
- Two men in Czech Republic indicted for approving of neo-Nazi terrorism in Christchurch, New Zealand
- EU Commissioners greet the Roma on International Romani Day
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights on International Romani Day: Segregated schools are the shame of our country
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner thanks Roma for their aid during COVID-19 and wishes them well on International Romani Day