VIDEO: Gala celebration for International Romani Day in Prague
Prague's La Fabrika club was the location last night of a gala celebration for this year's International Romani Day that was streamed live online by Romea.cz. Czech and Romani circus artists and musicians performed together.
Several stars of the contemporary music scene in the Czech Republic, such as Filip Gondolán and Milan Kroka, who performed for years with the legendary Romani vocalist Věra Bílá, made appearances. David Koller, lead singer for the band Lucie, and Richard Tesařík, leader of the Yo Yo Band, also performed.
The audience was also able to enjoy up-and-coming star of Czech freestyle rap Sharkass, the diva Adriana Dráfiová (aka Gitana) from Slovakia, vocalist Jan Bendig and many other performances. All of the performers were accompanied by the exceptional Josef Fečo Band, comprised of leading young Romani musicians.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LA FABRIKA
- Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček on International Romani Day: Believe in yourselves, go for your dreams
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 13:00 CET: Ceremonial awarding of certificates for ROMEA's scholarship program
- International Network against Cyber Hate and ROMEA hold conference on antigypsyism and online hate in Czech capital
- European Roma are sharing an online hoax from 2002 about poisonous cosmetic samples
- Jarmila Balážová, renowned journalist from the Romani community, joining commercial Czech online news server
- French lawmaker, victimized herself by online hate, drafts law against it
- Governments, Internet firms ally forces against extremist, violent content
- Czech disinformation websites draw hundreds of thousands, share readership with anti-EU, neo-Nazi and pro-Kremlin websites
- Lawyer on groundbreaking Czech court finding: Courts must consider hate crime victims' perspectives now
- Slovakia: Romani children from excluded communities sing Romani national anthem at the Presidential Palace
- VIDEO: Gala celebration of International Romani Day 2019 in Prague's Archa Theater
- VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations