VIDEO: Romani Gallery Phundaro Vudar - "Oppression-Depression-Passion"
Last week, as part of the Prague Pride festival, the ARA ART organization opened its third exhibition at the Gallery Phundaro Vudar. The exhibition features the work of a young gay Romani photographer, Milan Junek, who does art photography of male nudes.
Curator Věra Duždová called the exhibition "Oppression – Depression – Passion". It will be available to view during the evening hours at the Café Souterrain, Bělehradská 82, Praha 2, until 21 September.
To see the English subtitles for the video above, click the keyboard icon.
- Czech Republic: ARA ART exhibition features art photography of male nudes
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture (Berlin) seeks Executive Director
- When words fall on stony soil and hearts harden in the face of injustice: On coercive sterilisation and social theatre
- Timea Junghaus: Roma art as an act of resistance
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture: Building the Future by Honoring the Past
- LGBT+ members of Romani communities were part of Prague Pride this year, activists introduced program to aid people experiencing multiple discrimination
- LIVE: "Leperiben: We Do Not Forget" - Prague ceremony honoring Romani victims of the Holocaust will include reading of their names
- Czech Republic finally sees opening of permanent exhibition at the Memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti in Moravia
- Romani Rose, chair of the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma, returns Hungarian honors to protest anti-LGBT law
- Czech LGBT Romani activist says LGBT Roma are used to being scorned, but have their allies as well
- Brooke Pavek, an American with Romani roots, has more than 700 000 social media followers
- David Tišer tells Romani actor he has given Czech society a product full of stereotypes - and no explanation why
- Online Romanes-language video calls on Roma to declare Romani nationality during the Czech census
- Czech Romani group objects to reading names of Holocaust victims who were Romani, those organizing commemorations disagree
- Exhibition in Czech capital shows newly-identified photographs of the deportations of Jewish people from Prague during the Holocaust
- Czech town to see exhibition by pro-Romani and Romani artists referencing the Black Lives Matter movement
- Evening commemoration of European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day 2 August in Czech capital - Leperiben: We Do Not Forget