VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
Romani musicians Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka have filmed a new music video in collaboration with the legendary singer Věra Bílá that premiered earlier this week on YouTube. Her fellow Romani community members want to aid her return to live performance and are planning a tour with her.
"I have admired Věra Bílá ever since I was a little boy. To me she is a great legend who has achieved a great deal and done a lot of work for Romani music," Bendig has said previously.
"For that reason, it is my great honor to be part of her return to where she belongs ... onstage," Bendig said. Czech Television has also followed Věra Bílá's attempt at a comeback in a recent documentary film.
Directors Roman Šantúr and David Vondráček made the documentary "Věra Bílá's Final Hope" (Poslední naděje Věry Bílé) describing the dramatic events in two recent years of her life. The distinctive vocalist, who has performed sold-out shows at L'Olympia in Paris and has sung for U.S. President Bill Clinton at the White House, is now living in a residential hotel in Rokycany, Czech Republic.
- Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Czech Republic: Unique "Memory of the Roma" project keeps historical memory alive through video
- Gipsy.cz video sends the message that we can turn the negative into positive
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- Romani singer Věra Bílá, doing her best to make a comeback, performs in Prague
- The "Czech Nightingale" pop music survey returns with improvements, Romani musicians are in the lineup, write-in candidates also possible
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- David Tišer tells Romani actor he has given Czech society a product full of stereotypes - and no explanation why
- Performer Jan Bendig declines invitation to join discussion on ROMEA TV, issues social media statement about his TV series
- Vojtěch Lavička: Czech TV show featuring Romani guys in drag is low "humor" of the fifth-rate category
- Romani singer Věra Gondolánová has passed away
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- Romani parody of "telenovelas" breaking viewership records on Czech Internet, picked up by cable TV
- Željko Jovanović: Roma Resistance Day as a Moral Compass
- Czech xenophobic band removed from music festival lineup after other performers refuse to share the stage with them
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions