VIDEO: Romani students spend the weekend in Brno's Cejl neighborhood
A video has been produced of the Baruvas meeting of Romani college and high school students to show what the atmosphere and course of such a meeting is like. Romani college student Tereza Heková, who attended the meeting, contributed to filming the footage and to its postproduction processing.
During the first weekend in March, the students fulfilled various tasks when they met in the Cejl neighborhood of Brno. One of those tasks was to film their own reportages there.
A day-long program at the Museum of Romani Culture deepened the students' knowledge of Romani culture and history, and they also tried honing their argumentation skills during a debate contest and familiarized themselves with study opportunities abroad. To learn more about the weekend meeting and is concept, you can read Renata Berkyová's article for Romea.cz.
You can contribute to the scholarship program to aid Romani students with fulfilling their academic and professional dreams HERE (page is in Czech only for now). Information about the scholarship program for Romani students is at www.romskastipendia.cz.
The Baruvas meeting is part of the scholarship program coordinated by the ROMEA organization and was designed to meet the needs of the students. The meetings are supported by the Albatros Foundation, Bader Philanthropies, Open Society Fund Prague, Velux Foundation and individual contributors.
- Czech artist's guide to Brno neighborhood nominated for award, Romani activists are not happy
- "Baruvas" Romani student meeting in Brno, Czech Republic confirms that education makes sense
- Czech Republic: Romani social workers share their experiences ahead of Rapid Re-Housing project in Brno
- Civil society members of Czech Gov't Council on Roma Affairs visit Brno to discuss policy with Romani community
- Czech primary schools begin first-grade enrollment, children not present due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Applications to Central European University preparatory course for Romani graduate students can be submitted until mid-March
- Robert Olah, Romani university student in the Czech Republic, on personal motivation and nonprofit support
- Czech Republic's Museum of Romani Culture to educate students at memorial site of former concentration camp at Lety
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 13:00 CET: Ceremonial awarding of certificates for ROMEA's scholarship program
- Czech capital to see ceremonial induction of Romani students into ROMEA scholarship program
- Central European University offers Master's degree preparatory course for Romani college students
- Romani college prep student in Czech Republic and ROMEA scholarship recipient hopes to become a dentist someday
- Czech Republic sees 10th BARUVAS meeting of Romani students, study abroad one of the topics
- Educator Martin Kaleja: From the Romani settlements in Slovakia to the Czech academic world
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture offering year-long paid internship in Berlin, Germany
- Romani student at Czech college prep school learns about Romani history through BARUVAS student meetings