VIDEO: Romani students spend the weekend in Brno's Cejl neighborhood
A video has been produced of the Baruvas meeting of Romani college and high school students to show what the atmosphere and course of such a meeting is like. Romani college student Tereza Heková, who attended the meeting, contributed to filming the footage and to its postproduction processing.
During the first weekend in March, the students fulfilled various tasks when they met in the Cejl neighborhood of Brno. One of those tasks was to film their own reportages there.
A day-long program at the Museum of Romani Culture deepened the students' knowledge of Romani culture and history, and they also tried honing their argumentation skills during a debate contest and familiarized themselves with study opportunities abroad. To learn more about the weekend meeting and is concept, you can read Renata Berkyová's article for Romea.cz.
You can contribute to the scholarship program to aid Romani students with fulfilling their academic and professional dreams HERE (page is in Czech only for now). Information about the scholarship program for Romani students is at www.romskastipendia.cz.
The Baruvas meeting is part of the scholarship program coordinated by the ROMEA organization and was designed to meet the needs of the students. The meetings are supported by the Albatros Foundation, Bader Philanthropies, Open Society Fund Prague, Velux Foundation and individual contributors.
- Czech artist's guide to Brno neighborhood nominated for award, Romani activists are not happy
- "Baruvas" Romani student meeting in Brno, Czech Republic confirms that education makes sense
- Czech Republic: Romani social workers share their experiences ahead of Rapid Re-Housing project in Brno
- Civil society members of Czech Gov't Council on Roma Affairs visit Brno to discuss policy with Romani community
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture offering year-long paid internship in Berlin, Germany
- Romani student at Czech college prep school learns about Romani history through BARUVAS student meetings
- Czech Republic sees eighth BARUVAS program meeting for Romani students
- Czech EdMin delaying changes to decree on inclusion that NGOs protested, review is underway
- Top Czech YouTuber doing media literacy education for hundreds of thousands was inspired by John Oliver
- Magdalena Karvayová: Romani children in the Czech schools are still segregated, we can change that
- Czech Education Minister disagrees with free lunches for all primary schoolchildren
- Czech amendment to school regulations is a step backward, actual needs of children to be ignored
- Analysis: Czech amendment to education decree opens room for more segregation of schoolchildren
- Czech high school students can learn about disinformation through a new escape game
- Czech President's erroneous remarks about school inclusion criticized by experts
- Czech educational attainment influenced by social origins, according to experts