VIDEO: Romani students spend the weekend in Brno's Cejl neighborhood
A video has been produced of the Baruvas meeting of Romani college and high school students to show what the atmosphere and course of such a meeting is like. Romani college student Tereza Heková, who attended the meeting, contributed to filming the footage and to its postproduction processing.
During the first weekend in March, the students fulfilled various tasks when they met in the Cejl neighborhood of Brno. One of those tasks was to film their own reportages there.
A day-long program at the Museum of Romani Culture deepened the students' knowledge of Romani culture and history, and they also tried honing their argumentation skills during a debate contest and familiarized themselves with study opportunities abroad. To learn more about the weekend meeting and is concept, you can read Renata Berkyová's article for Romea.cz.
You can contribute to the scholarship program to aid Romani students with fulfilling their academic and professional dreams HERE (page is in Czech only for now). Information about the scholarship program for Romani students is at www.romskastipendia.cz.
The Baruvas meeting is part of the scholarship program coordinated by the ROMEA organization and was designed to meet the needs of the students. The meetings are supported by the Albatros Foundation, Bader Philanthropies, Open Society Fund Prague, Velux Foundation and individual contributors.
- Czech artist's guide to Brno neighborhood nominated for award, Romani activists are not happy
- "Baruvas" Romani student meeting in Brno, Czech Republic confirms that education makes sense
- Czech Republic: Romani social workers share their experiences ahead of Rapid Re-Housing project in Brno
- Civil society members of Czech Gov't Council on Roma Affairs visit Brno to discuss policy with Romani community
- 15th BARUVAS meeting in the Czech Republic for Romani students features theater performance about Romani history
- Romani college and high school students motivate Romani pupils in excluded localities of the Czech Republic to continue their studies
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech NGO ROMEA offering Romani students another scholarship opportunity
- Barbora Ellen Bilá: I want to go to college and make my grandfather's last wish come true
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- "Haters Will Not Stop Us!" ROMEA launches campaign to support Romani scholarship program
- Romani students in the Czech Republic can apply to ROMEA for scholarships in June
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- ROMEA gives 94 Romani students at Czech colleges and high schools scholarships, program is in its fifth year
- Romani college graduate in Czech Republic plans to become an educator himself
- Czech Republic: 11th Romani student meeting BARUVAS is changing lives