Vladimír Leško: Dozens of Roma are returning from the UK to the Ostrava area of the Czech Republic, they and others will be tested for COVID-19
News server Romea.cz has interviewed Vladimír Leško, a Romani community member currently in contact with representatives of the Moravian-Silesian Region who is doing his best to aid them with mapping the situation of families returning to that part of the Czech Republic from England. According to him, currently each returnee will be tested for the virus, but most do not have private accommodation and had been intending to live with relatives.
Leško says that problem is currently being addressed and there is an attempt underway to arrange dignified temporary housing for these individuals so it will be possible for them to comply with quarantine. "Dozens of Romani people are heading for the Ostrava area, above all from Great Britain. Many of them, however, do not have their own apartments in which to undergo quarantine, and for that reason they are staying with their families. That does not seem appropriate to us, though. We want to minimize the opportunity for the infection to spread, and so we have proposed compulsory testing for them combined with the option of spending some time in subsitute accommodation. The conditions apply to all equally," he explained.
- European Roma and Travellers Forum President makes statement about COVID-19 pandemic, thanks health care professionals
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Disinformation about COVID-19 in Czech first spread from Russian server, according to new analysis
- Czech bill would make it possible to apply for unemployment benefits electronically in order to prevent COVID-19 spread
- Czech bill would prevent evictions due to nonpayment of rent during COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech primary schools begin first-grade enrollment, children not present due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion director gives interview about state support during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Romani residents of Czech town organize collection for child welfare NGO to fight COVID-19, dozens pitch in
- Romani doctor urges community in the Czech Republic to prevent COVID-19 from spreading
- Romani entrepreneurs bring gifts to hospital staff in Czech town during COVID-19
- Romani residents of Czech housing estate thank those battling COVID-19 with hearts in windows
- UK Holocaust commemoration features Romani activist Daniela Abraham, who met with royals
- Petr Torák: Hate crimes spiked in the UK after the Brexit referendum, what will the elections bring?
- UK: Anti-fascists, Roma, students thwart planned meeting of Slovak fascists in London
- British environmental activist causes rift in international movement with remarks minimizing the Holocaust
- Czech Govt Roma Council, Public Defender of Rights release handbook on how Czech citizens can return from Britain
- Czech ultra-nationalist falsely attributes acid attack committed by native British man to "Muslim immigrants"
- British MPs reject Brexit agreement - what now for the EU citizens of Roma origin there?
- British newspaper The Guardian: Debt collection industry is endangering Czech democracy
- Czech PM says EU must become less bureaucratic, Slovak Govt tells its nationals in Britain not to worry yet
- Romea.cz survey: Roma from abroad living in Britain fear for their future after Brexit
- Pavel Botoš: Brexit will cause big problems for Romani families from abroad now living in Britain
- Brexit: Great Britain says it wants to leave the European Union
- Czech Romanies moving to Britain
- Czech project focuses on health in socially excluded localities, Romani men live an average of 57 years and Romani women, 65
- Video advice on the compensation process for illegal sterilizations in the Czech Republic
- Czech capital sees workshop on Romani history with academics from all over the world
- Czech analyst compares disinformation purveyors to the untrustworthy sellers of overpriced cookware
- More than 3 000 people assembled to celebrate World Roma Day in Ostrava, Czech Republic - footage of performances here
- Romani refugees segregated in a Czech center and discriminated against, Regional Governor accuses them of theft, police say no such crimes have been reported
- EXCLUSIVE TO ROMEA TV: Interview with Romani soldiers serving in the Army of Ukraine at the front
- Romani refugee from Ukraine: My husband is defending the nuclear plant in Zaporozhzhia
- Elena Gorolová: Czech state compensation for illegal sterilizations is more of a gesture, it will never make up for the children we couldn't have
- Czech MMA fighter Cverna challenges bodybuilder who insulted Romani people
- Romani actors featured on Czech "StarDance" television show
- Czech mobile vaccination teams revisit socially excluded localities where COVID-19 disinformation has had more of an impact