EU Fundamental Rights Agency holds workshop on indicators of Romani integration
From 10-11 June the EU Fundamental Rights Agency convened a workshop in Vienna for its National Roma Contact Points (NRCPs) on the Roma Integration Indicator and a template for reporting on such indicators. The workshop was to bring together 22 Member States' National Roma Contact Points, the European Commission, and representatives from national statistical offices.
The aim of the workshop was to assist Member States with applying the indicators' framework in practice and to discuss various approaches to data collection that might be applicable in specific contexts. The workshop was also supposed to discuss how the indicators' framework could be applied in countries with limited possibilities of generating or using data disaggregated by ethnicity.
Alternative data collection methods were also slated to be reviewed. FRA and the NRCPs are supposed to explore ways of cooperating on this issue and identify areas of future support that the Member States might need to complete the template that has been developed for the collection of this data.
Results from FRA's 2011 survey on the Roma in the EU Member States can be reviewed here. The Fundamental Rights Agency provides expert advice to EU institutions and the Member States on how to best ensure that the fundamental rights of people living in the EU are protected.
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency says efforts to achieve equality and fight discrimination must step up
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) Media Release
- Romani people in the Czech Republic complain to retailers of security guards stalking them when they shop
- "Gypsy King" boxer Tyson Fury tells GQ he once gave his Louboutins to a homeless man in LA, but his giving doesn't stop there
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- Once persecuted, the Salesians have run programs unlike any others for Romani children for 30 years in third-largest Czech city
- Romani community members debate the Czech Govt Strategy on Roma for 2021-2030
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- Civil society skeptical as to whether EU Member States will align with European Commission's 10-year Roma Strategy
- European Commission acknowledges racism is structural and beefs up the fight against racial discrimination
- More than 60 % of Czechs active online believe Romani people are favored over non-Roma in the Czech Republic
- European Commission President calls on EU Member States to combat discrimination against Romani people