EU Fundamental Rights Agency holds workshop on indicators of Romani integration
From 10-11 June the EU Fundamental Rights Agency convened a workshop in Vienna for its National Roma Contact Points (NRCPs) on the Roma Integration Indicator and a template for reporting on such indicators. The workshop was to bring together 22 Member States' National Roma Contact Points, the European Commission, and representatives from national statistical offices.
The aim of the workshop was to assist Member States with applying the indicators' framework in practice and to discuss various approaches to data collection that might be applicable in specific contexts. The workshop was also supposed to discuss how the indicators' framework could be applied in countries with limited possibilities of generating or using data disaggregated by ethnicity.
Alternative data collection methods were also slated to be reviewed. FRA and the NRCPs are supposed to explore ways of cooperating on this issue and identify areas of future support that the Member States might need to complete the template that has been developed for the collection of this data.
Results from FRA's 2011 survey on the Roma in the EU Member States can be reviewed here. The Fundamental Rights Agency provides expert advice to EU institutions and the Member States on how to best ensure that the fundamental rights of people living in the EU are protected.
- Czech Interior Minister meets director of EU Fundamental Rights Agency
- Fundamental Rights Agency: Hate crimes a reality in the EU
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency says efforts to achieve equality and fight discrimination must step up
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) Media Release
- Czech capital sees workshop on Romani history with academics from all over the world
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák unequivocally wins the Oktagon Underground MMA fight in a packed O2 Arena in the Czech Republic
- Czech academic publishes book on how to work with groups where non-Romani and Romani people come together
- Michal Mižigár: What myths exist about World Roma Day and what is the reality?
- European Parliament President warns of growing antigypsyism and sends greetings on World Roma Day
- Czech and international organizations support bereaved family with Constitutional Court complaint over death of Stanislav Tomáš in police custody
- Czech Police say prisoner killed himself, his relatives don't believe it, dozens of Romani community members protest outside the prison
- Czech census sees 65 % rise in number of people declaring Romani nationality
- Czech lower house to review Govt agreement with expansion of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency, which advises on racism and other matters
- Czech region now has two local platforms hoping to connect pro-Roma and Roma organizations with local administrations and state institutions
- Czech nonprofit Romodrom celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Romani actors featured on Czech "StarDance" television show