Photographs of the Roma minor whose lynching shocked France
Yesterday the online edition of the British daily The Daily Telegraph published a photograph of the Roma youth who was brutally lynched in a Parisian suburb last week by a group of masked assailants. "These are the photographs that are shocking France," The Daily Telegraph reported.
Darius, a 16-year-old Rom from Romania, was found Friday evening unconscious in a shopping cart near a hypermarket in Seine-Saint-Denis north of the capital. He suffered numerous serious injuries, including a fractured skull, and his life remains in danger.
The shocking photographs were provided by the man who found the victim and who lives near the dilapidated building adjacent to which the young Rom was living about 200 other members of his community. The photographs were taken shortly before the victim was provided medical aid.
"The man, who wants to remain anonymous, said he found the boy unconscious in the shopping card late Friday evening, just after he had been dragged there by a gang of about 20 men wearing balaclavas. The authenticity of these photographs has not been verified by the victim's family," The Daily Telegraph reports.
The photographs were also made available to the French news server Le Parisien. However, that media outlet decided not to publish them, instead describing them in an article as "shocking".
WARNING: CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW WILL OPEN THE PAGES OF THE DAILY TELEGRAPH WHERE THE DRASTIC PHOTOS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED
- Czech biologist says COVID-19 Omicron variant has no problem defeating our immunity
- Czech mayor thanks young man who came to the aid of a crime victim with a memorial coin and a medal from the police
- Polish football hooligans allegedly physically assault Romani man in Přerov, Czech Republic for objecting to their racist comments
- Several dozen Romani people protest in Sokolov, Czech Republic over the attack by football hooligans on local Roma
- Czech Police director of the Karlovy Vary Region: Internal Affairs Department investigating video of intervention by police in Sokolov
- EXCLUSIVE: Hradec Králové, Czech Republic, is on edge. Romani youth was assaulted and his jaw broken, but police dissuaded him from filing a crime report
- Czech court hands down sentencing in pool brawl case, one Romani man acquitted for having attempted to stop the altercation
- Czech local politicians hold stormy meeting with non-Romani and Romani residents where long-refuted antigypsyist hoaxes and stereotypes resurface
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Daniela Abraham: The antigypsyist violence of my childhood is still happening in Central Europe
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême