Photographs of the Roma minor whose lynching shocked France
Yesterday the online edition of the British daily The Daily Telegraph published a photograph of the Roma youth who was brutally lynched in a Parisian suburb last week by a group of masked assailants. "These are the photographs that are shocking France," The Daily Telegraph reported.
Darius, a 16-year-old Rom from Romania, was found Friday evening unconscious in a shopping cart near a hypermarket in Seine-Saint-Denis north of the capital. He suffered numerous serious injuries, including a fractured skull, and his life remains in danger.
The shocking photographs were provided by the man who found the victim and who lives near the dilapidated building adjacent to which the young Rom was living about 200 other members of his community. The photographs were taken shortly before the victim was provided medical aid.
"The man, who wants to remain anonymous, said he found the boy unconscious in the shopping card late Friday evening, just after he had been dragged there by a gang of about 20 men wearing balaclavas. The authenticity of these photographs has not been verified by the victim's family," The Daily Telegraph reports.
The photographs were also made available to the French news server Le Parisien. However, that media outlet decided not to publish them, instead describing them in an article as "shocking".
WARNING: CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW WILL OPEN THE PAGES OF THE DAILY TELEGRAPH WHERE THE DRASTIC PHOTOS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED
- Czech court again acquits youths accused of assaulting man because of his skin color, prosecutor may appeal
- Czech Regional Court returns online hate speech case about death threats against first-graders to lower court, more evidence needed
- Scottish court convicts traffickers of exploiting young women
- Czech court gives suspended sentences and fines to "Bloc against Islamicization" followers over death threats to random pedestrians
- Germany: Vandals cut down tree honoring victims of neo-Nazi terrorists
- Hate Killer 3000! campaign reminds bystanders in the Czech Republic how to stand up to hate
- European Roma are sharing an online hoax from 2002 about poisonous cosmetic samples
- Czech Police say man and woman who committed racist attack against Romani children should be prosecuted
- Czech court overturns acquittal for author of racist online comments, prosecution will continue
- European Roma Rights Centre gives legal aid to victims alleging Slovak police brutality
- Czech off-duty police officer assaults Romani children for smoking
- French court convicts six arsonists of attack on Romani people