Photographs of the Roma minor whose lynching shocked France
Yesterday the online edition of the British daily The Daily Telegraph published a photograph of the Roma youth who was brutally lynched in a Parisian suburb last week by a group of masked assailants. "These are the photographs that are shocking France," The Daily Telegraph reported.
Darius, a 16-year-old Rom from Romania, was found Friday evening unconscious in a shopping cart near a hypermarket in Seine-Saint-Denis north of the capital. He suffered numerous serious injuries, including a fractured skull, and his life remains in danger.
The shocking photographs were provided by the man who found the victim and who lives near the dilapidated building adjacent to which the young Rom was living about 200 other members of his community. The photographs were taken shortly before the victim was provided medical aid.
"The man, who wants to remain anonymous, said he found the boy unconscious in the shopping card late Friday evening, just after he had been dragged there by a gang of about 20 men wearing balaclavas. The authenticity of these photographs has not been verified by the victim's family," The Daily Telegraph reports.
The photographs were also made available to the French news server Le Parisien. However, that media outlet decided not to publish them, instead describing them in an article as "shocking".
WARNING: CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW WILL OPEN THE PAGES OF THE DAILY TELEGRAPH WHERE THE DRASTIC PHOTOS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED
- French court convicts six arsonists of attack on Romani people
- Czech Police investigating hateful online comments inciting violence against Czech Radio reporter that were sparked by politician
- Czech town sees street fight, mayor writes about the "gypsy nuisance" - then ignores other violence involving non-Romani people
- Ukraine: Aggressive armed man from the extremist Azov Battalion disrupts human rights discussion in Kyiv
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech town plans to demolish real estate rented to the socially vulnerable after altercation between long-term residents and newcomers
- † 13. 5. 1995: Tibor Berki
- International Romani Union expresses solidarity and sorrow over the fire at Notre Dame cathedral
- Czech Police investigating assault on Romani children as a felony now
- William Bila: Can we put an end to the dehumanization of Roma in France?
- Czech Police investigating brutal assault on Romani children as a misdemeanor for now
- Czech Republic: Several Romani minors hospitalized after adults attack them, shouting racist abuse