Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák has crushed one rival after another to rack up what are 15 professional victories so far - during the "Night of Warriors" gala evening at Parkhotelu Smržovka on Saturday he defeated Ali-El Saleha of Germany. During the first seconds of the match it was clear he was dominating and Saleha bowed out before the first round even ended after going down for the count twice.
The 21-year-old Sivák gave the competitor from Germany no chance. Three other contestants had bowed out due to illness before the match was eventually held with Saleh.
"Another first-round victory. I hope my rival is ok. Thanks to all for their support. We keep on going!" Sivák posted to social media after winning.
The kickboxer from the Czech Republic openly espouses his Romani origin. During the match on Saturday the word "Gitano" could be seen on his back and he wore both the Czech and Romani flags on his shorts.
The talented martial artist said he would now like to go to Thailand for a few months and that he is also considered transitioning into Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). "I'd like to spend a couple of months in Thailand now, maybe get to Lumpinee Boxing Stadium. I also train in MMA, so I'm up for anything, but we all know that your attitude comes in first place," he said in an interview for CzechFighters.cz.
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- Czech millionaire goes undercover as part of new reality show, volunteers at Romani boxing club, then surprises them with a donation
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech Police say prisoner killed himself, his relatives don't believe it, dozens of Romani community members protest outside the prison
- Jan Cina wins Czech Television's StarDance 2021 competition with Adriana Mašková
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs: Petr Uhl was and will always remain a person who gave many Romani men and women a hope of a more dignified life
- Final round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" to broadcast this weekend, Romani family act makes the finals
- Czech region now has two local platforms hoping to connect pro-Roma and Roma organizations with local administrations and state institutions
- Petr Uhl, dissident in communist Czechoslovakia, human rights defender and journalist, has passed away
- Dominik Oračko, Romani weightlifter, given regional honor in the Czech Republic
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic wins again, holds the international WAKO Pro title a second time
- Slovak Defense Ministry gives Romani community member Richard Koky award for his contribution to fighting COVID-19, he calls on everyone to get vaccinated
- Romani musician Tibor Žida advances to the next round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" with his version of the Czechoslovak national anthem
- Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
- Czech nonprofit Romodrom celebrates its 20th anniversary