Serbia: Dead Romani youth found in Bečej, racial motivation not yet ruled out
In the early morning hours of Sunday, 17 March 2013, a dead 17-year-old Romani boy was found in the Serbian town of Bečej. The circumstances of his death are unclear and it is possible he was the victim of a racially motivated attack.
Police have qualified the boy's death as suspicious. The Serbian daily
Blic reported several days later that he had been kicked to death by
four skinheads and that the attack could have been intentional and
motivated by his ethnicity.
Blic reported that the boy had been brutally beaten and lost consciousness in a pool of water. Other media reports said an autopsy showed the cause of death was drowning. A 14-year-old ethnic Hungarian boy has reportedly been arrested in connection with the attack.
On Thursday, 21 March 2013 another such incident took place in eastern Serbia. A group of masked youths attacked.a group of Romani people in a Romani settlement.
According to unconfirmed reports, that incident occurred the day after a Romani person may have attacked an ethnic Serb. Police have arrested 10 people and charged them with committing felony violent behavior. The European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC) has called on the Serbian criminal justice authorities to thoroughly investigate both cases for possible racial motivation.
- UK: "No More Polish Vermin" - adherents of Brexit assault foreigners on the streets
- USA: Neo-Nazis, racist KKK clash with opponents in California at demonstration, nine hospitalized
- Slovakia: Neo-Nazis assemble for hate demonstration, but many more counter-demonstrate against them
- Czech Republic: Extremists sentenced to almost 7 years in prison for arson attack
- UK police officer Petr Torák: I'm still in shock over Brexit
- Romea.cz survey: Roma from abroad living in Britain fear for their future after Brexit
- Pavel Botoš: Brexit will cause big problems for Romani families from abroad now living in Britain
- UNICEF: Unaccompanied minors increasing among refugees
- Petr Torák, Romani police officer, on Brexit: I believe we will remain
- Germany: Immigrants do not commit more crime than anybody else
- Austria: Ultra-right extremists assault university rector during lecture
- Russia: Mass demolition of homes in one of the biggest Romani settlements
Tags:Aktuality, Bezpečnost, CEE, Děti, Kriminalita, Násilí, Násilí z nenávisti, Osada, Policie, Srbsko, Vražda, Xenofobie, zprávy, Anticiganismus, Romové, skinheads, Srbsko, Extremism, news, Racism, Roma, world
videoUSA: Neo-Nazis, racist KKK clash with opponents in California at demonstration, nine hospitalized27.6.2016 11:32
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.