World's best double bass player is Romani
Double bassist Roman Patkoló (30) is originally from the town of Žilina, Slovakia. He is known worldwide as a musical magician, but in his native country few people are aware of him unless they are experts in his field. Now the Slovak news server vas.cas.sk has reported that last year, Patkoló won the Aida Stuck Award as the world's best double bass player.
Roman Patkoló is from a Romani family. Both his father and older brother are also musicians. "My father led us to music from our early years. We lived in Turkey for eight years when he was concert master for the Istanbul Opera. We also lived for a time in Iraq and Kuwait," the talented double bassist told the news server. At the age of six he began playing the violin. At 13 he heard a cousin play the double bass and was charmed by the instrument.
By the age of 18, Patkoló was playing as many as 90 concerts a year. At the age of 25 he was awarded the title of Professor at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München. In addition to performing, he lectures at the university in Basel. The famous double bass player speaks six languages fluently and has lived in Switzerland for several years.
- European Commission critiques fact that non-Czech EU citizens cannot establish parties in the Czech Republic
- Jovanovic: This is a constant battle for self-definition and we are resolved to win it, as long as we live
- Jarmila Balážová: Petition against foreigners is cheap, hateful and populist
- International Roma Day: UN expert urges full inclusion of Roma in decision-making in Europe
- Jewish organizations fear rise of anti-Semitism in the EU during elections
- Improving the Rights of Roma in Italy
- Joint press statement: International Roma Day: Strong call for solidarity ahead of European elections
- Germany: Second in command of ultra-right party resigns
- Roma in Europe: Demanding justice and protection in the face of violence
- Czech EdMin against educating Romani children separately in Romanes
- Hungary: Jobbik's right-wing extremists place third in parliamentary elections
- Netherlands: 5 000 people sue Wilders over anti-Moroccan remarks
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.