World's best double bass player is Romani
Double bassist Roman Patkoló (30) is originally from the town of Žilina, Slovakia. He is known worldwide as a musical magician, but in his native country few people are aware of him unless they are experts in his field. Now the Slovak news server vas.cas.sk has reported that last year, Patkoló won the Aida Stuck Award as the world's best double bass player.
Roman Patkoló is from a Romani family. Both his father and older brother are also musicians. "My father led us to music from our early years. We lived in Turkey for eight years when he was concert master for the Istanbul Opera. We also lived for a time in Iraq and Kuwait," the talented double bassist told the news server. At the age of six he began playing the violin. At 13 he heard a cousin play the double bass and was charmed by the instrument.
By the age of 18, Patkoló was playing as many as 90 concerts a year. At the age of 25 he was awarded the title of Professor at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München. In addition to performing, he lectures at the university in Basel. The famous double bass player speaks six languages fluently and has lived in Switzerland for several years.
- Czech Republic: Platform for Social Housing says society needs homes
- Germans, Turks use trial of neo-Nazi Zschäpe to get their messages across
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner: The term “inadaptable” deprives Roma of their humanity
- Czech Republic: Roma ghettos have CCTV systems but no playgrounds
- Růžička: Xenophobia against Romani children rising among Czech students
- Germany, other northern states want to ban “welfare tourism” by Romani people
- Cardinal Duka leads prayers for Romani victims of Lety
- Czech Interior Ministry: Extremists have won over new patrons online
- Budapest: Three neo-Nazis who assaulted WJC delegates sentenced
- New York Times visits previously segregated school in Slovakia
- Romani students from Czech Republic excelling at British school
- World Jewish Congress: Anti-Semitism in Europe may grow as a result of crisis
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.