3,000 gypsies coming to Birmingham for Pope's visit
COUNCIL chiefs say they expect 3,000 travellers to come to Birmingham during the next few weeks for Pope Benedict XVI’s visit.
They are frantically drawing up plans for huge temporary camps to house gypsy pilgrims’ caravans on disused industrial land where they can erect toilet and water facilities.
And they say they have selected a number of potential sites for the travellers to use for free for up to four weeks. They said the aim was to keep the gypsies off playing fields and parkland.
But they admitted it would be the taxpayer who would pick up the bill to fund the works.
City parks chief Coun Martin Mullaney said: “If we charge them the unfortunately they will be back on the parks, which is something we want to avoid.
- Czech town's security survey attests long-held stereotypical attitides of mistrust toward Roma
- Czech media misreport that victim of crossbow shooting was allegedly a thief
- Czech Republic: Anti-Roma demonstrations tomorrow in Duchcov over assault
- Germany, other northern states want to ban “welfare tourism” by Romani people
- Czech Republic: Preparatory committee for new Romani Democratic Party meets
- Cardinal Duka leads prayers for Romani victims of Lety
- Budapest: Three neo-Nazis who assaulted WJC delegates sentenced
- Pro boxer Tyson Fury is proud of his origins
- Cardinal Duka to attend commemoration of Romani victims of Nazism in Lety by Písek
- Events scheduled for International Romani Day - 8 April 2013
- Commentary: Czech antigypsyism, or, a report on the state of the country
- Czech court upholds acquittal, light sentence for assailants of human rights monitor
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.