Book on ethnic Roma important persons was published
The book "Elite rome" (Ethnic Roma elites), recently published at "Balcanii si Europa" publishing house, was launched Friday, February 2 in Bucharest. The book was signed by publicist Mircea Bunea, with the contribution of Dana Lascu, and presents various ethnic Roma important persons, past or future, some of whom are notorious.
The authors of the volumes faced "unpredicted difficulties", as documents and charters were investigated to settle the Roma identity, "many of which were covered by the dust of an unfair history." The chapter on the contemporaneous people was difficult, as many valuable people "deny their origin out of prejudice."
The publisher stipulated in the book's foreword, "these pages are meant to save from the shadows of the past an alive, active population, unfortunately abhorred and misunderstood."
Publisher Mircea Bunea said the book was "hard" to draw up, and after some of the book's characters passed away, laborious investigations settled their appurtenance to the Roma ethnics. Many of the people who belong to the Roma ethnic, "alive and active, refuse to accept their biography and deny their origin."
- Romanian chief of local police filmed beating handcuffed Romani men as they lie on the ground
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige
- Pope Francis apologizes to Romani people, asks forgiveness for discrimination, mistreatment and segregation
- Romania loses at the European Court of Human Rights, must compensate Roma family for police brutality
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
- Feminist Roma theater company celebrates the abolition of Roma slavery in Romania
- Romania: Romani Actresses Shine a Spotlight on Feminism
- Slovakia: Romani women protest discrimination in maternity hospital with a petition
- Romania: Ethnic Hungarian mob commits arson against Romani children accused of stealing
- European Roma and Travellers Forum condemns offer made by self-appointed "king" to US President
- International Romani Union says offer to help Trump came from Rom facing traditional community justice procedure in Romania
- Austria: Arson attacks against Romani families from Romania