Call for Applications: Roma Policy Research Fellowship
The Open Society Think Tank Fund and the Open Society Roma Initiatives announce the Roma Policy Research Fellowship for young Roma BA, MA and PhD graduates from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and Slovakia. In its first year, the fellowship program is soliciting applications from Roma graduates interested to develop their knowledge and policy development skills in the following topic areas:
•economic policies (with special interest in economic development and employment policies)
•European integration polices
•local development (with special interest in housing policies)
•public health policies
•security and individual safety (with special interest in individual safety of Roma and prevention of violence against Roma)
Each fellowship may last up to 18 months, depending on the selected topic, the duration of the internship period and the agreed policy products. The fellowships will start in January 2012. The full call for proposals and the application form are also available through the Roma Initiatives and Think Tank Fund websites.
Application deadline: September 25, 2011
- Pressley Ridge Hungary has been nominated for the SozialMarie prize
- ERRC Highlights Romani Children’s Rights Issues before UN Treaty Bodies
- Romani Women's Empowerment Grants
- EU clears Berlusconi over Roma Gypsies
- Last goodbyes in a Roma slum
- Czech agency finds jobs for 40 Romanies in Ostrava region
- Roma face eviction in Paris suburb
- Nations must take a harder line in combating crimes against ethnic and sexual minorities.
- Young High-school Graduates, More Tolerant Towards the Roma
- Incident report: Violent attacks against Roma in the Ponticelli District of Naples
- "The shameful history of anti-Gypsism is forgotten - and repeated"
- Papal Response to Italy’s Xenophobia