Central European University offers Master's degree preparatory course for Romani college students
The Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP) is a program offered by the Central European University (CEU). The intensive 10-month course prepares Romani graduates of Bachelor's programs to earn Master's degrees from programs where the language of instruction is English.
The course is an enormous opportunity to access an international environment and to subsequently continue your studies at Central European University. The international, private university was established in 1991 by the famous financier George Soros in his native Hungary.
The university offers Master's and PhD programs in fields ranging from mathematics to political science to sociology. CEU is renowned worldwide and many of its graduates are active in high-level politics today.
CEU offers the RGPP for Romani graduates of Bachelor's programs in order to sufficiently prepare them for future studies in any Master's program at the university. The main content of the RGPP course is:
- Intensive instruction in the English language.
- Instruction in writing academic texts.
- Deepening of knowledge in your chosen field.
- Deepening of Romani identity.
- A course in the Romanes language.
What are the criteria?
- You must be Romani.
- You must be a graduate of a Bachelor's program or a student in the third year of a Bachelor's program.
- You must speak English at the B1 level.
- You must want to study in an international environment.
Each RGPP student will receive:
- A monthly stipend.
- Health insurance.
- Coverage of travel costs.
- Coverage of accommodation costs.
How does one apply to the program?
- Complete the online form accessible on the CEU website.
- Provide your CV.
- Provide a scan of your Bachelor's degree or confirmation that you are in the third year of a Bachelor's program.
- Provide a 500-word motivation letter.
- Provide a 250-word essay about your Romani identity.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a nonprofit organization that knows you.
- Complete the form about your academic interests that is part of the application.
For your inspiration
Over the last 15 years, more than 220 Romani students from 22 different countries have passed through the RGPP. For all who want to study in an international environment, this is a unique opportunity - you can find more information about the program and about CEU generally on its website.
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- Romani college prep student in Czech Republic and ROMEA scholarship recipient hopes to become a dentist someday
- Czech Republic sees 10th BARUVAS meeting of Romani students, study abroad one of the topics
- Romani student at Czech college prep school learns about Romani history through BARUVAS student meetings
- Czech Republic sees eighth BARUVAS program meeting for Romani students
- Czech students protest co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure in Italy
- Czech Police have yet to take statements of 10 foreign students assaulted two weeks ago in Ostrava
- Czech high school students can learn about disinformation through a new escape game
- Students in Slovak town object to protest seeking to exploit still-unclarified tragedy
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 11 CET: Ceremonial awarding of scholarships for Romani secondary school students
- Czech civil society groups, Romani ones included, protest students inviting ultra-right candidate to debates ahead of elections
- Romani students from Czech Republic visit Germany, say they will not allow unfreedom to recur
- Czech Republic: Romani Student Movement says Roma must be involved in addressing affairs that affect them
- Czech Republic: Romani secondary school students can apply for scholarships, deadline is 15 July
- Czech NGO ROMEA launches I HAVE A DREAM! campaign to support Romani students
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Czech students walk out of school to defend democracy, protest denial of Romani Holocaust
- Czech capital sees gathering of Romani students awarded scholarships by the ROMEA organization
- 15th BARUVAS meeting in the Czech Republic for Romani students features theater performance about Romani history
- Romani college and high school students motivate Romani pupils in excluded localities of the Czech Republic to continue their studies
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech NGO ROMEA offering Romani students another scholarship opportunity
- Barbora Ellen Bilá: I want to go to college and make my grandfather's last wish come true
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- "Haters Will Not Stop Us!" ROMEA launches campaign to support Romani scholarship program
- Romani students in the Czech Republic can apply to ROMEA for scholarships in June
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- ROMEA gives 94 Romani students at Czech colleges and high schools scholarships, program is in its fifth year
- Czech Republic: 11th Romani student meeting BARUVAS is changing lives