Czech Fulbright Commission calls on Romani students to apply for social enterprise summer school in the USA
The Fulbright Commission in the Czech Republic is calling for Romani students of colleges and higher vocational schools to apply for a five-week Summer School on the topic of "social enterprise" at a US university. The aim of this visit is to introduce European students from socially disadvantaging environments to American culture and society and to give them experience in accessing civil society.
DEADLINE: 20 December 2017 - Program Coordinator: Andrea Semancová - firstname.lastname@example.org - More information here (in Czech)
The program at The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga will be attended by 22 students from all over the world between the ages of 18 and 25. The summer school will begin in June 2018.
The scholarship will cover all costs related to the visit, including insurance, airfare and a visa to the USA. Applicants must be students at colleges or higher vocational schools between 18 and 25 years of age who are interested in this subject.
Other requirements are that the person be able to communicate in English and have had no former experience of visiting the USA. The program is designed for applicants from socially disadvantaging environments.
The deadline to apply is by 20 December 2017. Applications and more detailed information are available on the website of the Fulbright Commmission.
Those interested can contact program coordinator Andrea Semancová at email@example.com. Aneta Suchá, who attended the summer school this year and is its fourth Romani graduate, says: "I certainly recommend the summer school visit to the USA. This is a brilliant opportunity to meet great people who are at the top of their fields. It's a brilliant opportunity to make progress and to experience America - and not just from films, to share experiences with the other participants and learn from them. For me it was the fulfillment of a dream to study at an American university and to live typical American student life for a while."
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- Lehigh University Students Explore the Problem of Social Housing within the Czech Republic
- Romani Students Propel Themselves Forward, Aiming to Further Their Education
- Czech Republic's Fulbright Commission opens course preparing Romani students for study in the USA
- 15th BARUVAS meeting in the Czech Republic for Romani students features theater performance about Romani history
- Romani college and high school students motivate Romani pupils in excluded localities of the Czech Republic to continue their studies
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech NGO ROMEA offering Romani students another scholarship opportunity
- Barbora Ellen Bilá: I want to go to college and make my grandfather's last wish come true
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- "Haters Will Not Stop Us!" ROMEA launches campaign to support Romani scholarship program
- Romani students in the Czech Republic can apply to ROMEA for scholarships in June
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- ROMEA gives 94 Romani students at Czech colleges and high schools scholarships, program is in its fifth year
- Czech Republic: 11th Romani student meeting BARUVAS is changing lives
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic