Czech Fulbright Commission calls on Romani students to apply for social enterprise summer school in the USA
The Fulbright Commission in the Czech Republic is calling for Romani students of colleges and higher vocational schools to apply for a five-week Summer School on the topic of "social enterprise" at a US university. The aim of this visit is to introduce European students from socially disadvantaging environments to American culture and society and to give them experience in accessing civil society.
DEADLINE: 20 December 2017 - Program Coordinator: Andrea Semancová - firstname.lastname@example.org - More information here (in Czech)
The program at The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga will be attended by 22 students from all over the world between the ages of 18 and 25. The summer school will begin in June 2018.
The scholarship will cover all costs related to the visit, including insurance, airfare and a visa to the USA. Applicants must be students at colleges or higher vocational schools between 18 and 25 years of age who are interested in this subject.
Other requirements are that the person be able to communicate in English and have had no former experience of visiting the USA. The program is designed for applicants from socially disadvantaging environments.
The deadline to apply is by 20 December 2017. Applications and more detailed information are available on the website of the Fulbright Commmission.
Those interested can contact program coordinator Andrea Semancová at email@example.com. Aneta Suchá, who attended the summer school this year and is its fourth Romani graduate, says: "I certainly recommend the summer school visit to the USA. This is a brilliant opportunity to meet great people who are at the top of their fields. It's a brilliant opportunity to make progress and to experience America - and not just from films, to share experiences with the other participants and learn from them. For me it was the fulfillment of a dream to study at an American university and to live typical American student life for a while."
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- Lehigh University Students Explore the Problem of Social Housing within the Czech Republic
- Romani Students Propel Themselves Forward, Aiming to Further Their Education
- Czech Republic's Fulbright Commission opens course preparing Romani students for study in the USA
- Czech Republic: Romani secondary school students can apply for scholarships, deadline is 15 July
- Slovakia: Romani girl from bad neighborhood did the best on entrance exams, now tutors others
- Vanesa Horváthová: I hope there will be more Romani doctors, journalists, lawyers and police officers
- Jana Hejkrlíková, Romani doctoral candidate: We must see each other as fellow human beings
- Czech MEP Zdechovský for ROMEA TV: Romani projects must have concrete outputs like the Romani scholarships do
- Czech NGO ROMEA launches I HAVE A DREAM! campaign to support Romani students
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Czech Republic: More than 3 000 Roma celebrate International Romani Day on a square in Ostrava
- England's first Romani lawyer was born in the Czech Republic, helps domestic violence victims
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Czech Republic: ROMEA organization is a recipient of the Anticorruption Endowment's award for bravery
- Čeněk Růžička receives human rights prize from the US Ambassador to the Czech Republic for his contribution to Romani Holocaust recognition
Tags:Sociální podnikání, Stipendia, student, USA
France gives Czech Public Defender of Rights Anna Šabatová its highest state award, the Legion of Honor24.6.2018 14:25
Czech court rules activists did not enrich themselves by using abandoned building, state may go to Supreme Court22.6.2018 10:32
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.