England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
A Holy Requiem Mass was held on 21 March 2019 in the Church of St. John the Baptist in Liverpool, England and was highly attended by family members and friends of the deceased singer there prior to her burial in the Czech Republic. The Reverend Simon Fisher, the incumbent vicar of the church, officiated with musical accompaniment by the excellent performers Matuš Bagar, Pavol Štrka, Roman Lučka and others from the Romani community.
The funeral of the legendary singer will be held today at the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany. The service begins at 10:45.
Several bands will be accompanying this last farewell with the Queen of Romani Music. ROMEA TV will broadcast the service live.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency to publish results of research with Roma and Travellers in six EU Member States
- Czech Republic: Survivor of the Nazi massacre at Lidice passes away
- Juliana Vodrážková: Josef Bánom has passed away
- Slovak President Čaputová awards Romani doctor and human rights activist with state honors
- Commentary: Which Czech media outlets can we take seriously?
- Petr Torák: Hate crimes spiked in the UK after the Brexit referendum, what will the elections bring?
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights is now Monika Šimůnková, a former Human Rights Commissioner
- Romani community member Stanislav Holomek has passed away in Germany
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Emil Voráč: Some non-Romani social work clients in the Czech Republic refuse aid from Romani people