England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
A Holy Requiem Mass was held on 21 March 2019 in the Church of St. John the Baptist in Liverpool, England and was highly attended by family members and friends of the deceased singer there prior to her burial in the Czech Republic. The Reverend Simon Fisher, the incumbent vicar of the church, officiated with musical accompaniment by the excellent performers Matuš Bagar, Pavol Štrka, Roman Lučka and others from the Romani community.
The funeral of the legendary singer will be held today at the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany. The service begins at 10:45.
Several bands will be accompanying this last farewell with the Queen of Romani Music. ROMEA TV will broadcast the service live.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. the "Gypsy King", has defended his title as boxing champion of the world
- Grandson of famous Czechoslovak partisan from the Romani community says his grandfather was a hero
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society
- Romani activist Štefan Tišer has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jan Rác will take place tomorrow, Friday, 4 June, in Karviná, Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jiřina Šiklová to be held tomorrow in Prague
- Jan Rác, Romani activist and researcher, has passed away
- Czech Charter 77 signatory and sociologist Jiřina Šiklová has passed away, advocated for Romani equality
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Charlie Chaplin's granddaughters making documentary film about his Romani heritage
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia