England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
A Holy Requiem Mass was held on 21 March 2019 in the Church of St. John the Baptist in Liverpool, England and was highly attended by family members and friends of the deceased singer there prior to her burial in the Czech Republic. The Reverend Simon Fisher, the incumbent vicar of the church, officiated with musical accompaniment by the excellent performers Matuš Bagar, Pavol Štrka, Roman Lučka and others from the Romani community.
The funeral of the legendary singer will be held today at the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany. The service begins at 10:45.
Several bands will be accompanying this last farewell with the Queen of Romani Music. ROMEA TV will broadcast the service live.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Famous Roma Rights Activist László Bogdán Has Passed Away
- Slovak tabloid covers funeral of Romani woman as spectacle
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême
- Romani musician proposed for Czech state honors
- Martin Mata: Save your money, the pandemic will have an overwhelming economic impact
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech ombudsman "likes" racist post on Facebook, refuses to answer questions about what that means
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion