ERTF meeting in Poland
On 9-11 August 2007 in Supraśl, Poland, the meeting of committee of education of ERTF has been held. The organizers of the event were DG -II Social Cohesion of the Council of Europe and European Roma and Travellers Forum. The themes for discussion were the situation of Roma in Europe, problems of education for young Roma and their chances in modern societies of Europe and the world.
The meeting has been held with the participation of the following persons:
vice-president ERTF - Stanisław Stankiewicz,
director DG -II Social Cohesion ERTF
coordinator end vice-president ERTF - Miranda Vuolasranta,
Peric Jasar Rabie expert of education Roma from Austria,
Hristo Kyuchukov from Bulgaria and also other specialists and experts to cause of education.
Committee of education of ERTF worked out the strategy and plan of it`s work and of cooperation with European institutions dealing with education.
- European Roma and Travellers Forum: Roma Rights at a Crossroads
- European Roma and Travellers Forum condemns offer made by self-appointed "king" to US President
- Drahomír Radek Horváth: Criticizing the Pope's reception of Romani people is disgraceful
- Planned EU ban on Balkan aylum-seekers alarms Roma there
- Bulgarian Helsinki Committee: Opportunistic politicians evicting Roma for political gain
- European Roma and Travellers Forum calls summer demolitions of Romani dwellings "unprecedented"
- European Roma and Travellers Forum calls for moment of silence, noon, 2 August, International Remembrance Day of the Pharrajimos
- European Roma and Travellers Forum launches website for Roma Holocaust commemorations
- European Roma and Travellers Forum: Anti-Gypsyism afoot in Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy and elsewhere
- European Roma Institute proponents respond to analysis by the European Roma and Travellers Forum
- ERTF: We are Roma - this is what we are
- Commentary: Why are they setting up a European Roma Institute?