European Roma and Travellers Forum needs to have a clear position on conflict of interest
"Naturally, we have some physiological problems of criminality within some of the Romanian communities, especially among the Romanian citizens of Roma ethnicity" - Teodor Baconschi, Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
This declaration is to be found in a press release on the website of Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs  from February 11, 2010. There would be people who would argue that Mr. Baconschi believes in biological racism as his declaration seems to link biology, criminality and ethnicity. One might even expect his next sentence to be about the vital space of the pure Romanians - Romania generated one of the most radical nazi movements in Europe during the 1930-ties. A number of Romanian NGOs including this one has asked Mr Baconschi to resign.
Teodor Baconschi is a career diplomat and has a Roma – Mr Gheorghe Raducanu as his counsellor. As Mr Raducanu holds a high level position - Secretary General - within the European Roma and Travellers Forum an organisation which is rightly very vocal against anti-Gypsyism, our organisation requests that ERTF makes clear its positions regarding the racist statement of minister Baconschi and to request Mr. Raducanu to resign either from positions hold within ERTF or from his position as counsellor for the Romanian MFA.
- Petr Torák: Hate crimes spiked in the UK after the Brexit referendum, what will the elections bring?
- Iulius Rostas: Operationalizing the concept of anti-Gypsyism for policy design
- Commentary: Time for a European Union Army
- EU Court of Justice: EU Member State courts can instruct Facebook to delete illegal posts, including insults
- Czech PM says Government will not change the financing conditions for nonprofits drawing EU money
- Czech Finance Ministry proposes all EU financing for social projects be provided ex-post, which could cut nonprofits off from those resources
- VIDEO: Brussels demonstration by Romani people
- EU anti-fraud authority Hungarian program for Roma supported by EU funds has never worked and should be investigated
- Czech EP elections won by governing ANO party ahead of the Civic Democrats and Pirates
- Gabriela Hrabaňová: The EP elections will influence our lives
- MEP of Romani origin Soraya Post asks ROMEA TV: How can Czech President Zeman be so stupid?
- VIDEO: Roma Week in the European Parliament continues with a conference about antigypsyism