European Roma Information Office launches social media campaign to increase Roma voter turnout in EP elections
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) has launched a new campaign aiming to raise awareness about the European Parliament elections and to call on Romani people to actively participate in the electoral process. The Brussels-based NGO believes Romani people should not afraid to run for the EP in the future.
There are already several Members of the European Parliament of Romani origin seated at the EP. The ERIO campaign is also meant to combat discrimination against Romani people participating in political life.
Anybody can join the campaign by posting a status update to social media with the hashtags #RomaPolitician, #RomaVoter or #RomaUseYourVote. More information is on the ERIO website at http://www.erionet.eu/campaign-roma-civic-and-political-participation (English only).
- Czech experts prepare for disinformation in campaigns for elections to the European Parliament
- VIDEO: Roma Week in the European Parliament continues with a conference about antigypsyism
- European Parliament holds fourth annual Roma Week, news server Romea.cz to broadcast live from Brussels
- European Parliament: Shouting matches over Italian "census" of Roma - Járóka finds it reasonable, Post calls for a halt
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- Roma Week at the European Parliament: 40 young Roma discuss antigypsyism with MEPs
- Lívia Járóka becomes first ever Romani Vice-President of the European Parliament
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- European Parliament proposes official Romani Holocaust Memorial Day
- Hungarian Roma activist, former member of European Parliament emigrates to Canada
- European Parliament wants more pressure on Canada over visas for Czech citizens
- European Parliament to debate Roma expulsions
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Cyril Koky: I want to serve in the Czech Senate
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- Czech Pirate Party chair on Romani candidates: We're not addressing a "Romani issue", we're addressing all of society together with Romani people
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic
- Slovak Police refute disinformation alleging that rampaging murderer at school was Romani
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic stands up for Romani activist assaulted by hateful attackers
- Slovakia: Two non-Romani assailants who invaded Romani home to personally deliver death threats given suspended sentences
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing
- Czech expatriate Romani community in the UK targeted by social media hoaxes to create demand to leave because of COVID-19
- Hungarian Supreme Court: Romani children deserve financial compensation for school segregation