European Roma Information Office launches social media campaign to increase Roma voter turnout in EP elections
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) has launched a new campaign aiming to raise awareness about the European Parliament elections and to call on Romani people to actively participate in the electoral process. The Brussels-based NGO believes Romani people should not afraid to run for the EP in the future.
There are already several Members of the European Parliament of Romani origin seated at the EP. The ERIO campaign is also meant to combat discrimination against Romani people participating in political life.
Anybody can join the campaign by posting a status update to social media with the hashtags #RomaPolitician, #RomaVoter or #RomaUseYourVote. More information is on the ERIO website at http://www.erionet.eu/campaign-roma-civic-and-political-participation (English only).
- Czech experts prepare for disinformation in campaigns for elections to the European Parliament
- VIDEO: Roma Week in the European Parliament continues with a conference about antigypsyism
- European Parliament holds fourth annual Roma Week, news server Romea.cz to broadcast live from Brussels
- European Parliament: Shouting matches over Italian "census" of Roma - Járóka finds it reasonable, Post calls for a halt
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- Roma Week at the European Parliament: 40 young Roma discuss antigypsyism with MEPs
- Lívia Járóka becomes first ever Romani Vice-President of the European Parliament
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- European Parliament proposes official Romani Holocaust Memorial Day
- Hungarian Roma activist, former member of European Parliament emigrates to Canada
- European Parliament wants more pressure on Canada over visas for Czech citizens
- European Parliament to debate Roma expulsions
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- Slovak NGOs demand crisis plan from Govt to prevent COVID-19 pandemic in Romani communities, ombudswoman supports them
- France: Four Romani community members die of COVID-19, others are in critical condition
- North Macedonia selects just Romani people crossing the border for quarantine in unhygienic conditions
- Czech chair of ultra-right party now leads the "Clean Region" movement in Ústecký Region
- Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network
- Author raising a Romani child says Czech Public Defender of Rights is racist and evil is slowly winning
- Museum of Romani Culture to present its project for a Center of the Roma and Sinti in the Czech capital
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party