European Roma Information Office launches social media campaign to increase Roma voter turnout in EP elections
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) has launched a new campaign aiming to raise awareness about the European Parliament elections and to call on Romani people to actively participate in the electoral process. The Brussels-based NGO believes Romani people should not afraid to run for the EP in the future.
There are already several Members of the European Parliament of Romani origin seated at the EP. The ERIO campaign is also meant to combat discrimination against Romani people participating in political life.
Anybody can join the campaign by posting a status update to social media with the hashtags #RomaPolitician, #RomaVoter or #RomaUseYourVote. More information is on the ERIO website at http://www.erionet.eu/campaign-roma-civic-and-political-participation (English only).
- Czech experts prepare for disinformation in campaigns for elections to the European Parliament
- VIDEO: Roma Week in the European Parliament continues with a conference about antigypsyism
- European Parliament holds fourth annual Roma Week, news server Romea.cz to broadcast live from Brussels
- European Parliament: Shouting matches over Italian "census" of Roma - Járóka finds it reasonable, Post calls for a halt
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- Roma Week at the European Parliament: 40 young Roma discuss antigypsyism with MEPs
- Lívia Járóka becomes first ever Romani Vice-President of the European Parliament
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- Hungarian Roma activist, former member of European Parliament emigrates to Canada
- European Parliament wants more pressure on Canada over visas for Czech citizens
- European Parliament to debate Roma expulsions
- Romani community in third-largest Czech city donates truckload of vitamins to hospital in gratitude for their work during COVID-19
- Romani celebrities in Czech Republic with COVID-19 use social media to warn others, but will they be believed?
- Pandemic cancels Czech celebrations of 102nd anniversary of an independent Czechoslovakia
- Civil society skeptical as to whether EU Member States will align with European Commission's 10-year Roma Strategy
- Czech Senate elections won by "Mayors" party, xenophobic rhetoric scored no votes, owner of disinformation tabloid not reseated
- European Commission VP Věra Jourová: Not enough was done during the last decade for Roma, the EC is launching a new 10-year plan
- Romani candidate for Czech Senate will not advance to the second round, but scores better than his extremist opponents
- Czech regional elections: One Romani candidate for the Pirates will be seated
- Czech Senate election: Romani candidate says right-wing extremists could take power unless people vote for their competitors
- Czech regional and Senate elections begin amid pandemic measures, Romani candidates on the ballot
- Czech regional elections: 29th-place Romani candidate says collections proceedings need to be consolidated
- Czech regional elections: Ninth-place Romani candidate says housing and lack of representation are the community's biggest problems