European Roma Information Office launches social media campaign to increase Roma voter turnout in EP elections
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) has launched a new campaign aiming to raise awareness about the European Parliament elections and to call on Romani people to actively participate in the electoral process. The Brussels-based NGO believes Romani people should not afraid to run for the EP in the future.
There are already several Members of the European Parliament of Romani origin seated at the EP. The ERIO campaign is also meant to combat discrimination against Romani people participating in political life.
Anybody can join the campaign by posting a status update to social media with the hashtags #RomaPolitician, #RomaVoter or #RomaUseYourVote. More information is on the ERIO website at http://www.erionet.eu/campaign-roma-civic-and-political-participation (English only).
- Czech experts prepare for disinformation in campaigns for elections to the European Parliament
- VIDEO: Roma Week in the European Parliament continues with a conference about antigypsyism
- European Parliament holds fourth annual Roma Week, news server Romea.cz to broadcast live from Brussels
- European Parliament: Shouting matches over Italian "census" of Roma - Járóka finds it reasonable, Post calls for a halt
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- Roma Week at the European Parliament: 40 young Roma discuss antigypsyism with MEPs
- Lívia Járóka becomes first ever Romani Vice-President of the European Parliament
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- European Parliament proposes official Romani Holocaust Memorial Day
- RomaReact: The European Parliament elections are approaching: Will Roma candidates succeed?
- Hungarian Roma activist, former member of European Parliament emigrates to Canada
- European Parliament wants more pressure on Canada over visas for Czech citizens
- European Parliament to debate Roma expulsions
- Slovak census: More than 156 000 people declared Romani nationality, more than 100 000 declared Romanes as their mother tongue
- Czech census sees 65 % rise in number of people declaring Romani nationality
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights finds police officers made significant errors in the controversial arrest of Stanislav Tomáš
- Jarmila Balážová: Petr Uhl stood up for Romani people many times
- DNA samples of Romani people taken to ascertain their ethnic origin were handled unethically and the data was misused
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to woman who threatened to burn down police station in the aftermath of the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- MEPs compare death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic to that of George Floyd in the USA
- Case of Stanislav Tomáš discussed during plenary session of the European Parliament
- European Parliament will discuss police brutality against Romani people in EU, on the basis of Czech case
- Czech Police: Autopsy clears us in death of Stanislav Tomáš, attorney for his family doubts its findings, ERRC says they will continue to pursue justice despite police rhetoric
- Czech lower house to change leadership, the president and one vice-president will be women, ultranationalist welfare chauvinist is out
- Czech elections once again fail to elect a Romani legislator to the lower house