EVERYONE GROUP: AN APPEAL TO UN AND EU TO PUT A STOP TO ETHNIC CLEASING OF THE ROMA PEOPLE IN FRANCE
For several years EveryOne Group has been issuing warnings to the EU authorities and the UN organisms in charge of the protection of ethnic minorities of the risk of serious anti-Roma policies being undertaken by France. Italy's example (who through a long series of settlement clearances without the offer of alternative lodgings, and systematic repressive measures, has brought about the greatest mass expulsion ever to take place in the EU), has unfortunately been a source of “inspiration” for the French Government.
The European Union is taking step after step backwards along the path of civilty and human rights, not so much for its lack of measures and clear ideas, as for the inefficiency of its instruments that sanction discriminatory policies and campaigns. The fact that hundreds of Roma families are today being treated as a security problem, as “asocials” and parasites and not as a social and civil struggle against racism, represents a regression of the whole continent.
What is more, this phenomenon is taking place among general indifference and is leading us back to the climate of persecution that dogged Europe in the first half of the 20th Century. Just as serious is the lack of European integration policies and social support in Eastern European countries - particularly in Romania, where about two million Roma people are living in conditions of extreme poverty and social exclusion.
EveryOne Group joins La Voix des Rroms and the other French associations who are fighting this racist backlash underway in their country, and is asking, yet again, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, CERD and the High Commissioner for Human Rights to do everything in their power to stop the repression of the Roma people in France, Italy and throughout the EU. We are appealing to them to convince all Member States to abandon their ethnic cleansing programmes (how else should we define this campaign of repression and mass expulsion?) which on the outside appears demagogically simpler, and set up integration programmes throughout the whole of the EU.
We ask them to put an end to the atrocities that are affecting innocent families and destroying the democratic and multi-ethnic spirit the dream of the founders of the new European was based upon.
- Czech Republic: "Romani Resistance Days" to involve symbolic blockade of Lety pig farm, protest in Prague
- EU Justice Commissioner says situation of Romani people is not improving
- Admirer of Hitler and MPs who insult refugees now on Slovak legislature's Human Rights and Minorities Committee
- UK: It is a crime to curse someone for being English
- European Commission President: Schengen is in a coma and must be resurrected or a united Europe is meaningless
- Australian-British choreographer works with refugees and Romani people in the Czech Republic as part of international project
- European Commission President Juncker: EU countries must not reject refugees because of Paris attacks
- Africa-EU summit: Billions in aid to help stop refugee wave
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion wants to focus more on activation and community work
- Artist wakes Europe's conscience with a minute of silence symbolizing deafness to the cause of refugees
- Czech Republic: European ambassadors tour criticized refugee detention facility
- German state of Bavaria prepares to sue federal government over alleged mishandling of the refugee crisis
Czech Republic: Prima TV station told reporters to depict refugees as a risk and a threat or they would be fired31.5.2016 13:31
Czech Republic: Romani members of LEV 21 party disapprove of it partnering with ultra-right in fall elections27.5.2016 22:28
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.