EVERYONE GROUP: AN APPEAL TO UN AND EU TO PUT A STOP TO ETHNIC CLEASING OF THE ROMA PEOPLE IN FRANCE
For several years EveryOne Group has been issuing warnings to the EU authorities and the UN organisms in charge of the protection of ethnic minorities of the risk of serious anti-Roma policies being undertaken by France. Italy's example (who through a long series of settlement clearances without the offer of alternative lodgings, and systematic repressive measures, has brought about the greatest mass expulsion ever to take place in the EU), has unfortunately been a source of “inspiration” for the French Government.
The European Union is taking step after step backwards along the path of civilty and human rights, not so much for its lack of measures and clear ideas, as for the inefficiency of its instruments that sanction discriminatory policies and campaigns. The fact that hundreds of Roma families are today being treated as a security problem, as “asocials” and parasites and not as a social and civil struggle against racism, represents a regression of the whole continent.
What is more, this phenomenon is taking place among general indifference and is leading us back to the climate of persecution that dogged Europe in the first half of the 20th Century. Just as serious is the lack of European integration policies and social support in Eastern European countries - particularly in Romania, where about two million Roma people are living in conditions of extreme poverty and social exclusion.
EveryOne Group joins La Voix des Rroms and the other French associations who are fighting this racist backlash underway in their country, and is asking, yet again, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, CERD and the High Commissioner for Human Rights to do everything in their power to stop the repression of the Roma people in France, Italy and throughout the EU. We are appealing to them to convince all Member States to abandon their ethnic cleansing programmes (how else should we define this campaign of repression and mass expulsion?) which on the outside appears demagogically simpler, and set up integration programmes throughout the whole of the EU.
We ask them to put an end to the atrocities that are affecting innocent families and destroying the democratic and multi-ethnic spirit the dream of the founders of the new European was based upon.
- František Kostlán: Brexit is unwelcome because the British are great. Let's not be vindictive.
- Petr Uhl: British Tories and the Czech ODS are two Trojan horses inside the EU
- Slovakia: Neo-Nazis assemble for hate demonstration, but many more counter-demonstrate against them
- British educator, ashamed of his country's vote on remaining in EU, calls for referendum on exit terms
- UK police officer Petr Torák: I'm still in shock over Brexit
- Czech PM says EU must become less bureaucratic, Slovak Govt tells its nationals in Britain not to worry yet
- Romea.cz survey: Roma from abroad living in Britain fear for their future after Brexit
- Pavel Botoš: Brexit will cause big problems for Romani families from abroad now living in Britain
- Czech Republic: "Romani Resistance Days" to involve symbolic blockade of Lety pig farm, protest in Prague
- EU Justice Commissioner says situation of Romani people is not improving
- Admirer of Hitler and MPs who insult refugees now on Slovak legislature's Human Rights and Minorities Committee
- UK: It is a crime to curse someone for being English
previous obstacles posed by space and time. The demand for open communications and the concurrent flood of information, however, increasingly require us to be able to
think critically and verify the information we receive.
Czech mayor rejects ombudsperson's proposal on how to end discrimination of Romani children in local school28.6.2016 19:19
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.