Facebook blocks German-language pages of anti-multiculturalism "Identitarian Movement"
Facebook has blocked the pages of the Austrian and German Identitarian Movements opposed to immigration, the alleged Islamicization of their countries, and multiculturalism because, according to spokespeople for the company, these organizations disseminate hatred. The movements claim to be concerned about the alleged disappearance of European culture as a result of non-European immigration and are calling Facebook's move censorship.
The so-called Identitarians have now lost their access to Facebook and Instagram. "Organizations or people who disseminate organized hatred are not allowed on Facebook or Instagram," a spokesperson for the American firm said.
The block has affected the "Identitarian Movement of Austria", for example. However, the Austrian Press Agency reports that different Facebook pages run by regional identitarian groups have remained active.
On the Facebook page of the "Identitarian Movement of Upper Austria", users are criticizing what they term a "massive wave of censorship." Facebook blocked the pages of French identitarians at the beginning of May.
The movement began in France and spread to Germany and then Austria in 2012. It has sympathizers elsewhere in Europe, including in the Czech Republic.
The name of the movement is derived from its alleged concerns about European cultural identity. Young people are strongly represented in the movement and are sometimes referred to as "Generation Identity".
German counter-intelligence services surveille the identitiarians and consider them an ultra-right movement. In Austria identitarians are being investigated by the Prosecutor-General on suspicion of criminal conspiracy and incitement to hatred.
- Ukraine: Paramilitaries broadcast live pogrom against Roma on Facebook, the fourth in the last six weeks
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Czech Republic: "Middle class" Roma share photos on Facebook of themselves casting ballots in lower house election
- Czech party apparently trolled into posting photo of its leader on Facebook with Nazi swastika
- Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Facebook blocks fascist party's official profile, including Slovak politician's personal page
- ROMEA reports 10+ criminal incidents involving racist commentaries and threats on Facebook to the Czech Police
- Slovak Police charge woman with threatening Muslims and Roma through Facebook, she faces six years in prison
- HOAX: Video from Prague spreads through Facebook alleging "Islamic refugees" were caught trying to rape a girl
- Facebook wants to combat online hoaxes through expert fact-checking
- Czech Police refuse to publicize whether they are investigating death threats made on Facebook against Romani celebrity
- Facebook renews original page for "We Don't Want Islam in the Czech Republic" with 160 000 fans
- Czech Islamophobes have a problem: Konvička has quit yet another political party and Facebook has closed their hate page
- Czech court sentences youth to four months in prison for threatening to shoot man on Facebook
- Czech-language online hoax alleging Prague terrorist attack now spreading among Slovaks and stealing Facebook passwords
- Czech Republic: Roma report racism to Facebook after calls for "gypsies" to be set on fire are posted
- EU Justice Ministers call on Facebook to be stricter about removing hoaxes and threats
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- Live online press conference 11 AM TODAY: Czech school targeted by racists hosts fundraisers from "THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!"
- Czech Police investigating three suspects over death threats against first-graders
- Czech Parliament marks International Holocaust Memorial Day with Romani speaker
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- Czech Green Party co-chair wants Interior Ministry to dissolve the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" Movement
- Czech futsal club "takes a knee" against the xenophobic remarks of the SPD chair and the President
- Czech MP wants to close nonprofits, Romani psychology student diagnoses him
- Czech court fines online racists a mere EUR 4 for death threats against Romani celebrity
- Czech pop music contest says fans of xenophobic band have broken their rules
- Czech "November Challenge" against racism and xenophobia responds to online racist death threats against children and more
- ROMEA raises funds to support Czech school subjected to racist attacks online
Tags:Facebook, Multikulturalismus, Nenávist, Xenophobia
Romani entrepreneurs push for unemployed Roma, not foreigners, to be hired for Czech bark beetle eradication16.6.2018 8:46
Renata Berkyová: Concept of the Porajmos as a reflection of the marginalization of Roma in historiography6.6.2018 13:25
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.