FARE Action week against racism and discrimination in European football
The FARE Action week is the focus of the symbolic struggle of the European football against racism and discrimination.
The activities are designed to raise awareness for this issue and to point out the determination of football to fight this problem. Initiatives are being set up by NGO campaigns, fan groups, clubs, national associations, ethnic minorities, youth groups and schools.
More than 2000 activities will be organized in 37 European countries. On behalf of the Action week against racism and discrimination, the National Roma Centrum “NRC” from Kumanovo in partnership with FARE within the frames of their action, UNITED AGAINST RACISM will organize a football tournament. These activities will serve as addition and continuance of the intensive urges for quality education which is being realized through the national campaign “The key is our hands”, Roma Education Fund – Budapest. On Thursday, 25.10.2007 at 10 o’clock in Skopje hotel “Jadran”, a press conference will be held on behalf of the Action week against racism.
The tournament will be held on:
- Date: 27.10.2007 - Saturday
- Location: Sports hall - Kumanovo
- Chess player, age 11, is a Romani talent from Slovakia who is defeating adult competitors
- Romani runner in Slovakia prepares for Europe's junior championship
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- Romani girl runner in Slovakia scores another regional victory
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Czech court again acquits youths accused of assaulting man because of his skin color, prosecutor may appeal
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech ice hockey friendly goes uncompleted after fans racially abuse Romani player and his team stops play in protest
- Slovakia: Romani girl from settlement now champion runner in her region
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague