Gabriela Hrabaňová: We need to discuss Romani integration with MEPs to promote our approaches at EU level
At the close of March and start of April, on the occasion of International Romani Day, the second-ever EU Roma Week took place at the European Parliament in Brussels. Approximately 200 representatives of civil society and public institutions attended events dedicated to the integration of Romani people in Europe.
"Approximately 15 MEPs are involved during EU Roma Week. We need them to disseminate our ideas about the integration of Romani people in all areas. The European Parliament has almost 1 000 members, and just 15 of them are open to addressing this question publicly, and that is very few," Gabriela Hrabaňová, the newly-appointed director of the European Roma Grassroots Organization Network, which organizes EU Roma Week, explained to news server Romea.cz.
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- Commentary: Is Czech society about to rid itself of anti-Gypsyist MEP Miloslav Ransdorf?
- Gabriela Hrabaňová: Havel is my role model!
- Civil society skeptical as to whether EU Member States will align with European Commission's 10-year Roma Strategy
- Miroslav Klempár: I do not believe the European Commission's new 10-year plan to support Roma will apply to the Czech Republic!
- European Commission VP Věra Jourová: Not enough was done during the last decade for Roma, the EC is launching a new 10-year plan
- EP calls on EC to draft a law on the equality, inclusion and participation of Romani people and on combating antigypsyism
- European Commission acknowledges racism is structural and beefs up the fight against racial discrimination
- European Commission President calls on EU Member States to combat discrimination against Romani people
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- EU Commissioners greet the Roma on International Romani Day
- European Roma Grassroots Organisations network to European Commission: Member States don't find discrimination a priority
- European Commission calls for public recommendations about its Framework for National Roma Inclusion Strategies by 16 March
- EP cancels Roma Week, online consultation about Roma strategy even more important now
- MEPs condemn rise of antisemitism in Europe, Czech MEP defends Hungary, blames migration