Gabriela Hrabaňová: We need to discuss Romani integration with MEPs to promote our approaches at EU level
At the close of March and start of April, on the occasion of International Romani Day, the second-ever EU Roma Week took place at the European Parliament in Brussels. Approximately 200 representatives of civil society and public institutions attended events dedicated to the integration of Romani people in Europe.
"Approximately 15 MEPs are involved during EU Roma Week. We need them to disseminate our ideas about the integration of Romani people in all areas. The European Parliament has almost 1 000 members, and just 15 of them are open to addressing this question publicly, and that is very few," Gabriela Hrabaňová, the newly-appointed director of the European Roma Grassroots Organization Network, which organizes EU Roma Week, explained to news server Romea.cz.
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- Commentary: Is Czech society about to rid itself of anti-Gypsyist MEP Miloslav Ransdorf?
- MEP and OSCE/ODIHR call for evictions of Roma to end in Bulgaria
- Polish MEP fined for racist remark
- Gabriela Hrabaňová: Havel is my role model!
- European Parliamentary delegation plans to visit Romani settlements in Slovakia
- Iulius Rostas: Operationalizing the concept of anti-Gypsyism for policy design
- Academic Huub van Baar has found Romani people succeed on the labor market when given a chance
- Spanish MP of Romani origin calls on OSCE to focus on greater participation of Roma in politics
- Scholars gather in Czech capital to discuss migrations and mobilities of Romani people
- EP's committee on social issues to be led by Slovak MEP Ďuriš Nicholsonová, Czech MEP Zdechovský is a vice-chair
- Italian PM wants to deport Roma, MEP Romeo Franz calls his behavior racism and the shame of Europe
- MEP Romeo Franz tells Romani demonstrators in Brussels: Politicians must consider us Roma equal partners
- VIDEO: Brussels demonstration by Romani people
- Slovak MEP of Romani origin joins the European People's Party
- EP elections bring two Romani men and one Romani woman to Brussels
- Czech EP elections won by governing ANO party ahead of the Civic Democrats and Pirates