German court sentences neo-Nazi to life in prison
Beate Zschäpe, the main defendant in the trial of members of the National Socialist Underground, a neo-Nazi group, will spend the rest of her life in a German prison according to a sentence handed down against her today by the High Court in the state of Munich, who found her guilty of 10 murders. Deutsche-Presse Agentur reported that her co-defendant Ralf Wohlleben, who supplied the group with weapons, was given a 10-year sentence.
Other co-defendants were also sentenced to prison time. Defendants Holger G. and Carsten s. received three years in prison, while André E. received two years and six months.
Carsten S. was convicted of abetting murder in nine of the cases. Because he was a minor at the time the crimes were committed, he was sentenced according to juvenile criminal law.
That defendant confessed to having given the NSU a Czech-made pistol. The terrorists used it to shoot dead nine people.
Defendant Holger G. was convicted of supporting the terrorist organization. He confessed to having given a weapon to the NSU trio and to having aided them with acquiring fake identification.
André E. was also convicted of supporting a terrorist organization. Allegedly he aided the three NSU terrorists hiding illegally.
Zschäpe, as a member of the NSU, contributed to the racially motivated attacks and murders committed by her late friends from the NSU, Uwe Böhnhardt and Uwe Mundlos. In 1998 the trio created the terrorist cell, which was motivated by racial hatred to murder nine people of either Greek or Turkish origin throughout Germany as well as a German policewoman.
- Germany: More proof of ties between NSU murderers and KKK
- Germany: NSU murderers may have been linked to KKK
- Czech court fines man for setting rainbow flag on fire, stays silent on homophobic motivation; he says it wasn't him and appeals
- Czech court hears defamation case against man who insulted a member of the Govt's Roma Council in the media
- Czech Police charge two men for publishing racist content about mass killing last year, Pirate Party and ROMEA filed reports against them
- Alena Gronzíková: Czech landlords will not rent to Roma even with good references and steady incomes
- Fascist party in Slovakia seems to be falling apart
- Volunteer civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: ombudsman intentionally undermining the dignity of Romani people
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Czech Police assess incident where man pointed a gun at a seven-year-old Romani boy as a misdemeanor
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- USA: Holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis, QAnon followers and racist supporters of white supremacy attacked Congress to support Trump
- USA: Extremist supporters of Trump attack Capitol building, disrupt joint session of Congress, four dead, media and world leaders call it an attack on democracy
- Slovakia closes Romani settlement because of COVID-19, police and soldiers deployed