Germany: Arsonists set another refugee facility on fire, shooting also reported
Deutsche Presse-Agentur reports that unidentified arsonists in Germany have set yet another building on fire that had been prepared to accommodate refugees. Last night arsonists attacked the still-empty complex in the Bavarian town of Reichertshofen.
"We have not yet ruled out the possibility that the motivation was xenophobic," police spokesperson Hans-Peter Kammerer said. Several demonstrations had previously been held in the small town against the planned accommodations for refugees.
The former guesthouse was turned into a residential hotel for refugees that was supposed to open in September. The arsonists set two entrances ablaze and the flames spread into a hall which has been completely destroyed.
The damages are estimated at EUR 150 000 at least. In recent months several arson attacks on future residential hotels for refugees have been reported in several German states.
Police are also investigating the case of a shooting at a residental hotel in the town of Böhlen near Leipzig in Saxony, which already hosts approximately 160 refugees. Unidentified assailants there fired weapons at the building two nights in a row last weekend.
No one was physically injured by the incidents. The cladding of the building's facade was damaged.
- Germany: Right-wing radicals attack police in Wuppertal, ultra-conservative Muslims and Pegida demonstrating
- Germany: Interest in Pegida declining, counter-intelligence says extremist involvement varies
- Germany: Police ban assembly in Dresden today due to threat of terrorism
- Germany: Tens of thousands march in Dresden against Pegida and hatred
- Germany: Planned residential hotels for refugees set ablaze, swastika graffiti nearby
- Germany: Berlin wants to ban planned demonstration against Islamists
- Germany: Extremist group in the AfD party says it is dissolving
- Germany: Xenophobic party apologizes for racist coloring book after sharp criticism
- Another victim of the German terrorist attack, a young man from Romania, is also from the Roma minority
- German Interior Minister: Hanau terrorist attack motivated by racism, neo-Nazis have attacked three times in just a few months
- Young Romani woman was a victim of German shooting spree
- German shooting spree is being investigated as a terrorist attack
- Germany: Anti-migrant xenophobic gunman kills 11 in horrifying spree, he and his mother then found dead
- Germany: Head of the state of Thuringia resigns within 24 hours after extremist party plays kingmaker role
- German shop selling beer with neo-Nazi symbolism
- Czech PM will not personally fund Syrian orphanage, claims he is donating to existing ones instead
- Italian court upholds acquittal and exoneration of captain who rescued migrants
- Czech lower house will not discuss accepting unaccompanied minor refugees - ANO, Communists, SocDems and ultra-nationalists opposed it