Germany: British neo-Nazis tweet photo of themselves giving the Nazi salute at Buchenwald
Two members of a British neo-Nazi group have tweeted a photo of themselves giving the Nazi salute during a visit to the site of the former Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald. German media drew attention to the case on 26 May and report that authorities are investigating.
The Bild daily reports that the British persons who immortalized themselves in the cellar of the former crematorium are members of the National Action organization, whose flag is also visible in the photograph. It is not yet clear exactly when the photo was taken.
The image was tweeted on 20 May. A criminal report against the two, whose faces are digitally distorted in the photo, has been filed by representatives of the memorial and museum in Buchenwald.
The room where the two photographed themselves previously served to warehouse corpses. As many as 250 000 prisoners passed through the entire camp, approximately 56 000 of whom died there between July 1927 and April 1945.
- Austrian neo-Nazi massacres festival-goers
- Czech Republic: Five charged for neo-Nazi assault on demonstration in favor of receiving refugees
- Czech Republic: Neo-Nazis try to provoke local Roma in Přerov during 1 May protest
- Czech Republic: 2 000 demonstrate against racism in Prague after neo-Nazis graffiti "HateFree" cafés
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- Czech Republic: Seven-year anniversary of neo-Nazi arson attack on Romani family home in Vítkov
- Czech Republic: Handful of neo-Nazis demonstrate in Vítkov to raise money for racist arsonists who attacked Romani family there
- Belgium: Neo-Nazis assault memorial ceremony in center of Brussels for victims of terrorist attacks
- Germany: Neo-Nazis and populists march in Berlin waving fake Third Reich flags and those of Russia
- František Kostlán: Neo-Nazis and the "optimists" are not equivalents, all democrats should oppose extremism
- Czech Police say man with no mask at scene of masked neo-Nazi attack was an anti-conflict officer
- Czech Republic: Xenophobic populists criticize Merkel and migration, neo-Nazis throw Molotov cocktails and rocks
- Analysis: Czech court convicts neo-Nazis as an organized group for the first time in history
- Germany: Neo-Nazi murderer turned his life around to become a clergyman
- Czech, Polish and Slovak neo-Nazis protest migrants in Ostrava, target Roma area - 63 right-wing extremists detained
- Czech trial of arson attack reviews neo-Nazi groups
- Czech Police use tear gas, arrest 57, mostly counter-protesters of neo-Nazi march in Brno
- Czech Republic: Hundreds plan to block neo-Nazi march on 1 May in Brno
- Greece: Trial of neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party postponed until May
- Neo-Nazi hackers vandalize web page of the Buchenwald memorial
- German police raid homes of online haters in wake of political assassination
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Nazi concentration camp survivors say authors of hateful online comments should be ashamed of themselves
- German Police take action against Islamist and right-wing extremists
- German neo-Nazis are training for street battles on "D-Day", hoping to take power
- Czech Police propose indicting two men who desecrated memorial to Holocaust victims of Romani origin
- Czech racist featured in German TV report says Romani people's "genetic code" must be "destroyed"
- German investors into sausage museum want to move it to a former concentration camp site
- Czech Republic becoming a favorite destination for German neo-Nazis to practice target shooting
- RomArchive Kicks Off with a Festival in Berlin
- German counter-intelligence examines whether to investigate xenophobic opposition party as a whole
- German MP who recently visited Czech President met with South African racists on official visit