Germany: British neo-Nazis tweet photo of themselves giving the Nazi salute at Buchenwald
Two members of a British neo-Nazi group have tweeted a photo of themselves giving the Nazi salute during a visit to the site of the former Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald. German media drew attention to the case on 26 May and report that authorities are investigating.
The Bild daily reports that the British persons who immortalized themselves in the cellar of the former crematorium are members of the National Action organization, whose flag is also visible in the photograph. It is not yet clear exactly when the photo was taken.
The image was tweeted on 20 May. A criminal report against the two, whose faces are digitally distorted in the photo, has been filed by representatives of the memorial and museum in Buchenwald.
The room where the two photographed themselves previously served to warehouse corpses. As many as 250 000 prisoners passed through the entire camp, approximately 56 000 of whom died there between July 1927 and April 1945.
- Austrian neo-Nazi massacres festival-goers
- Czech Republic: Five charged for neo-Nazi assault on demonstration in favor of receiving refugees
- Czech Republic: Neo-Nazis try to provoke local Roma in Přerov during 1 May protest
- Czech Republic: 2 000 demonstrate against racism in Prague after neo-Nazis graffiti "HateFree" cafés
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- Czech Republic: Seven-year anniversary of neo-Nazi arson attack on Romani family home in Vítkov
- Czech Republic: Handful of neo-Nazis demonstrate in Vítkov to raise money for racist arsonists who attacked Romani family there
- Belgium: Neo-Nazis assault memorial ceremony in center of Brussels for victims of terrorist attacks
- Germany: Neo-Nazis and populists march in Berlin waving fake Third Reich flags and those of Russia
- František Kostlán: Neo-Nazis and the "optimists" are not equivalents, all democrats should oppose extremism
- Czech Police say man with no mask at scene of masked neo-Nazi attack was an anti-conflict officer
- Czech Republic: Xenophobic populists criticize Merkel and migration, neo-Nazis throw Molotov cocktails and rocks
- Analysis: Czech court convicts neo-Nazis as an organized group for the first time in history
- Germany: Neo-Nazi murderer turned his life around to become a clergyman
- Czech, Polish and Slovak neo-Nazis protest migrants in Ostrava, target Roma area - 63 right-wing extremists detained
- Czech trial of arson attack reviews neo-Nazi groups
- Czech Police use tear gas, arrest 57, mostly counter-protesters of neo-Nazi march in Brno
- Czech Republic: Hundreds plan to block neo-Nazi march on 1 May in Brno
- Greece: Trial of neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party postponed until May
- Neo-Nazi hackers vandalize web page of the Buchenwald memorial
- German police officers who joined neo-Nazi groups online are being disciplined and dismissed in one state
- VIDEO: European Roma Holocaust Memorial ceremony at Auschwitz was virtual this year, Slovak and Austrian Presidents spoke
- William Bila: Berlin's Memorial to the Sinti and Roma Victims of National Socialism must not be relocated, German railroad cannot be allowed to disrupt it
- Germany reorganizes special military unit because some of its personnel are members of the ultra-right
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Commentary: The opponents of racism are racists - current and former Czech Presidents show their anti-democratic colors to the world
- German counter-intelligence head says right-wing extremism and terrorism are the country's biggest threat
- Author Monika Duždová compares life for Romani people in England and Slovakia
- Germany: Trial begins of right-wing extremist charged with murder of local politician
- Volkswagen apologizes for racist advertisement, claiming it was "unintentional"
- Czech expatriate Romani community in the UK targeted by social media hoaxes to create demand to leave because of COVID-19
- Germany: AfD press spokesperson fired after claiming to be of "Aryan" origin and espousing fascism